Lets make a slow car less slow

Okay, recently I've been more of the mindset "to each his own". Ricers are tards, but if someone's gonna drop cash to get mad downph0rce from a big stupid wing because they think it's cool, then fine. If someone wants brightass altezzas on a stock civic, fine. I think differently, but if thats what you think makes your car cool, fine.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/492950

This is something, however, I can't understand. Why drop thousands of dollars to turbo a Scion xB just to get a 0-60 time of 7.3 seconds (as opposed to what, 9 seconds???). And why do you even have the turbo on there if you're busting your engine with 5-7psi??

Just look at the last page if people he's "toasted". He'd probably be barely faster than my stock Celica ST, which has comparable stock horsepower (106 vs 105).

Even as little as I like the xB, I like what he did with the headlights and I like the wheels he chose. I just don't get the extreeeeeme slow car---> sorta slow car money drop. He's got the right idea, just a terrible application.

Discuss.