My next car.

MaTS1200

Good engine, junk car. I rode in one of the current ones, it felt like it was going to fall apart and rode like shit even for a performance car. Hopefully they addressed all that with the new model, regardless it's a fast car!

Good engine, junk car. I rode in one of the current ones, it felt like it was going to fall apart and rode like shit even for a performance car. Hopefully they addressed all that with the new model, regardless it's a fast car!

You're kidding, right?

I had the privilege of riding along with a guy who had his at Mid-Ohio. The only modification he had were new callipers/rotors/brake lines. That thing hugged the track as well as the 993 Carrera 2 I got to ride in. All that, and I was still sitting in A/C with power seats.

I can't wait to start seeing that around.

I have a feeling the Super V is just the current name of the project. Super V would look pretty fucking stupid in badge form right next to CTS...it'd break up the continuity of a letter name, and it'd also break up the continuity of Cadillac's nameless (except for Escalade) line...STS, DTS, CTS (V), XLR (V), even the Escalade has ESV and EXT versions. It's something that hasn't really hit the marketing department quite yet.

Wow, they managed to make the GTO even uglier! So theyre still going to be using that platform? If so they should at least try to make it not look like a GTO with a body kit and lots of scoops and holes in the body.

Wow, they managed to make the GTO even uglier! So theyre still going to be using that platform? If so they should at least try to make it not look like a GTO with a body kit and lots of scoops and holes in the body.

The GTO's platform is gone after 06. That's nothing more than some photoshop going down.

This Super V looks bad-ass. I'm sure the sticker shock will suck on it though; probably touching 60k+. :(

Look out M5.

Not realy, completely different cars, completely different markets. The Caddy seems like more of a bruiser. Its not hard to make a saloon that will out perfom the M5 on the road. It's the other stuff that it does tot he driver that makes the sticker price of the M5 palletable. The Caddy may rip the asphalt from the ground, butI bet it still has a hollow plastic interior, i.e. it'll be fast, it'll be expensive, but it will still feel cheap.

And, it also looks goofy. Fender flares? It's too tall, something about it just doesn't look right. More wheel, less ground clearence, please.

Yea I have driven an 05' CTS V and it really makes some power with the ls6. The 06' model is switched to and ls2 so its definetly possible that there could be a ls7 being dropped in it in the near future. That car would be bad ass.

Guest FrancesTheMute
Ahhh, and now we see why they're going bankrupt. Another useless car. Do we need another high hp CTS? Someone needs to bitchslap the shit out of GM's president.

And it'll still probably grenade the rear diff on launch. :)

You rode in the base CTS or a V? If a V I'm sure a '90 Laser is giving you a good basis for an objective comparison....

Not realy, completely different cars, completely different markets. The Caddy seems like more of a bruiser. Its not hard to make a saloon that will out perfom the M5 on the road. It's the other stuff that it does tot he driver that makes the sticker price of the M5 palletable. The Caddy may rip the asphalt from the ground, butI bet it still has a hollow plastic interior, i.e. it'll be fast, it'll be expensive, but it will still feel cheap.

Lets not base all our opinions on Jeremy from Top Gear, shall we? The V at $50k is a great car. At the $85k+ it sells for in the UK, no its not worth it. At $85k you can call it cheap.

Meanwhile with the $100k you're gonna lay out for an M5 stateside you get wonderful "features" like an iDrive system that sh!ts the entire car's programming and makes the vehicle unstartable. And a cam system that rumored to be grinding off lobes ala the M3's six did for the entire first production run. Thats about as palletable as boiled dog ass.

I'd put my interior up against a Bangle-designed beemer anyday. And you're welcome to sit in my car and point to a piece of hollow plastic. I'll even let you rap on anything you want to show me hollow.

"Grass is greener", gents. All my inlaws in Holland would piss on the M, and want nothing more than to sit their european asses in my V every time they visit.

But IMO the sidewalls do look goofy. Regardless, a 500hp V I like. Guess I gotta go order that Mallet kit. no wait, I'm done racing.

Ahhh, and now we see why they're going bankrupt. Another useless car. Do we need another high hp CTS? Someone needs to bitchslap the shit out of GM's president.
The idea is "halo effect". And Bob Lutz is the best thing to happen to GM in 20 years. They're actually starting to make cars people who don't live in the sticks actually may want to be seen in. And "rich guys toys" is a demographic GM wants to (needs to) figure out how to be a legitimate player in.

BTW - my boss owns an Audi RS6 and my colleague an 5series BMW. Both squeak more on the interior than my same age V.

2 year wait list on a New M5 as of now.. i would easily say this caddy would even if not better that wait, just hopefully they would not try to push them out the door before they had tires blown up... cant wait to see on in person pictures dont do justice.