Selling a car on ebay, what to do?

Science Abuse

Who's done this before? We want to try not to get screwed, and dont want to leave ourselves open to screwing after the fact.

Basicaly what I've thought up so far is a glorified version of

up for sale is a car and it's clean title, all taxes and additional fees are the responcebility of the seller, as is transportation. Car will not have plates when picked up

What else is needed? Sales tax? Notary services of some kind?

I have sold probably a dozen and a half cars on ebay. I always put in a non refundable deposit clause in there. And disclose the right to end the auction at anytime for any reason. Make sure you list a deposit has to be made within so much time after the auction ends. I always say the buyer must contact me within 24hrs to discuss pickup arrangements. Tell them to ask any qustions prior to bidding. Never try and hide something because your just screwing yourself. Make sure you either do a reserve auction if you need to get a certain amount out of it, or buy it now if you have a set fee, or when asked a starting price, put the minimum your willing to take.

Just look at other auctions and see how their worded. Alot of the stipulations people put in there ads make sense if you think about it.

Sales tax has nothing to do with you. You payed your taxes when you bought the car. You will need to have the title notarized before the buyer takes posession. I always keep in contact with the people who is bidding. I send them e-mails asking if they have any questions. Last thing you want to do is piss anyone off because they can fuck with your auction and waste time and money. So if somebody doesnt like an answer you give them or tries to get under your ski, stay cool until the auction is over.

Post as many pics as you can. Especially of any damage. I have had people try to screw me down when they finally see the car in person and try to say they didnt know of a scratch or the pictures didnt show a dent or bull shit like that.

AS IS - NO WARRANTY

This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.

Seen that in many auctions -- it will be in my auction as well whenever I sell my car(s) on ebay.

The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. He got to it before I did. There is a company here that will list the car for you and take care of the auction etc, etc. Course it will cost a little. Which I am sure you will say hells no to, but if intrested I can find out info for you. A buddy of mine here does the listing and such for em. You selling the cougar?

later,

jay