Need some engine swap help

XChris1632X

im working on a buddys 72 suburban and started yesterday on doing a vortec head top end sway and an ass load of new bolt on parts. well i got the intake off last night and he saw that there were patties of oil and dirt underneath. he just bought the truck and was told it was a 40,000 mile crate 350. this thing looks really ragged. so today he told me that we are going to pull the small block out and tomorow he is ordering a next day delivered zz572 from jegs. this bastard has way too much money i cant even start to list his shit but im very honored to be the one guy out of everyone at school that he would have work on his shit. he doesnt know much about mechanical stuff yet. my main point is when that 572 gets here tomorow and i start messing with a 13,000 dollar motor i want to make sure everything is right. id like some reminders of some of the things that i will need to change. i dont know everything im sure and i dont want to forget anything. the turbo 350 is goint to be sent out tomorow to be built.

and on a side note i experienced something new tonight and that is i learned you can drop an engine out of the bottom of a surburban, and i dont mean drop the cross member. i said my buddy was not mechanically inclined so much yet well i had some other guys come give me a hand with the tranny and block. my buddy thought at somepoint i said unbolt the motor mounts. i didnt and i went to unbolt the tranny and slowy lower it to the ground and bam the damn motor falls 3 inches from a friend face and then we just slid it out from under the truck, no hoist needed. it was definatly scary and probly much more meaningfull to me but i had to share it anyways.

I have no idea what this means, "on doing a vortec head top end sway."

Is your question, "what all do I have to do to install a 620-720 horsepower BBC into a SBC-equipped vehicle?" Are you talking engine accessories, or mounting, or fuel system, or ???

What all is he ordering with the crate engine? Induction, distributor, starter?

Factory mounts will rip in 2.

Factory fuel system won't come close.

I would not use the TH350 unless he is dumping a ton of money into a serious build. TH400 would be a better, stronger option.

Headers.

Factory cooling system won't cut it.

What rear end is under it?

Factory driveshafts oughtta last a couple days.

You don't mention - 2wd?

Getting the big block sitting in the bay will be the 'easy' part of the project.

Feeding it, cooling it, and fixing all the factory shit it breaks will be the fun part.

i was meaning vortec head swap. sorry for not being clear enough. the motor has distributer, carb, water pump, and flexplate. the trans is already going to be swaped out for a th400, the rear is being swaped for a moser, and i have mentioned the cooling system. the drive shaft im not sure about yet because it has a carrier bearing. can you get beefy driveshaft that still used the carrier bearing? and lastly it is getting an electric fuel pump. i havent thought about the motor mounts though. you dont think they will hold? should i make my own? and it is 2 wheel drive.