Norwalk Track Rental May 22nd

Mike C

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:11 pm Post subject: Norwalk Track Rental May 22nd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some various members from ColumbusDSM have rented Norwalk on Monday May 22nd from 12-5. Both lanes will be open with full VHT prep to the 330' mark. We will be taking around 30 cars at $50/car. This may seem a tad high compared to years past but if anyone has researched this year, Norwalk has SIGNIFICANTLY raised their track rental prices for the year. This will be a very relaxed atmosphere to dial in your car and the quantity of runs you would get will obviously be unlimited.

We need firm commitments by Sunday May 14th. At this point, we only have 10 paid participants. We will make the decision on the 14th whether we will cancel the event or not but we aren't going to count people as "in" unless they are paid. If we cancel on the 14th, obviously everyone will receive a refund immediately.

Entries can be Paypal'd to columbusdsm@hotmail.com A current list of paid participants can always be seen in the first post of this thread:

http://www.columbusdsm.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12169

Let me know any questions that you may have.

Thanks,

Mike C

ColumbusDSM

Nobody wants to be seen racing with DSMs. Sorry dude. It's like hanging out with your little sister at the pool. You just don't look cool. You know?

How about I pay your entry fee if you can beat me? :)

Update.

After careful considering, we have decided to NOT cancel the event. We are still short by about 9 cars but we will do whatever necessary to make the event happen.

We are hopeful that more people will continue to sign up this week and get us to the target number. A big thanks to the racers and spectators whom we have spoken to about donating extra money. It is much appreciated.

Let us know if you have any questions.

will we be able to show and pay (cash) on race day?

It depends on how many cars we have by then. We are capping it at 30 so if we have that many beforehand, then the answer would be no. If you want to be ensured a spot, you should pay now. However, if we are short, then you would be able to show up the day of and pay us in person.

If anyone is still interested, there are still some spots open. Payments will be accepted at the event on a first come, first serve basis.

We have a few people doubling up on the entry fee and it is really helping out. I took the burden on my shoulders for making this event happen, so if we're short I'm footing the remaining bill.

Weather forecast: High 59 degrees, 0% chance of precipitation.

$20, spectator fee. We don't like scouts and bench racers.

Thanks,

ML