Dieselheads aloud?

LAMiller

Hey guys - came across the site and love it as anything that involves power holds my attention! :) Most of my mechanical knowledge is in diesel trucks but I have friends w/ trans ams that I get to mess around with so hopefully I can get to hang out w some other guys that like wrenching on there cars squeaking a few more HP out of them! -Lavon

Guest chpmnsws6

how bombed is it?

we are currently at 377 and 846.... and its defueling for some reason (thinking APPS or its time for another new IP)

hey guys thanks for the welcome - I've got a injector thats screwing w/ me right now but I dyno'd at 484HP 1017TQ and that was the day after I finished my twin turbo install and hadn't done any tuning on the turbos yet so right now I'm waiting on some cash for bigger laser cut injectors and then I'll see what kind of HP my twins can support :D As of now I run 50psi daily driving but have pegged my 60psi gauge a few times :D:D

Over the last year I put on 37K and averaged 17.6mpg. 3wks ago I drove to indiana and back on saturday went then made 3 passes at the track on sunday filled up w/ fuel on monday and got 19mpg. Since I got the twins dialed in my efficiency has been awesome!

I ran the 1/4 when I was at 433hp and got a 13.5@94mph but haven't run since I got it fixed. That run then my top end just died with that bad injector. With the bigger injectors going in and a larger exhaust housing on the top turbo should be well into the 12s

Yeah, lets just say tailgaters quickly disappear in a pile of soot, and usually aren't dumb enough to come back for more - smoke is very effective!

Heh - soemthing RX7 owners know about too!!

Seriously though, nice truck. Do you know a Lance Laughrey? He has a chameleon painted Cummins. Its pretty nice.

Lance has had some 'work' done under the hood of that truck... have you seen this year's toys?

brandon.

i have heard about them. I work with him at Lexus, so every now and then I ask him about his truck. Its pretty nice, and from how he was talking, should make a fair amount more power than last year.

If he doesnt make 500hp/1400tq - he's a sissy :D

• 2 weeks later...