Thoughts on 06 Nissan Altima SE-R

ChevyMan1972

Guy's

I was lookin at one of these yesterday at the Gym I work out at. I must say these things are freakin cool as hell!!! Not that bad performance wise eather. 265 hp v6 that runs low 14's me LIKEY!!!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nissanclub.com/ALTIMA/2005SER/2005SERBACK.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nissanclub.com/ALTIMA/2005SER/&h=551&w=800&sz=85&tbnid=t-Ibvt_GAE9w1M:&tbnh=97&tbnw=142&hl=en&start=4&prev=/images%3Fq%3DNissan%2BAltima%2Bse-r%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Dan

Yea I know. But I have have my exp with DSM's trust me....dont want to go there :(

Dan

I've had my issues as well, but the Evo's are different. The guy I bought my Laser off of has an 03 with almost 25k on the odometer, only thing to fix was the clutch at 12k. The car has been autox'd to hell, road raced, and daily driven for every mile on the odometer. Sounds pretty damn good to me. I'm sure the Altima is a much more comfortable car and better on gas, insurance and whatnot, and hell it even looks damn good, but not my cup of tea.

I used to sell those Altima's. You can't beat the Nissan quality either. It's a good car, probably not the fastest $$$ can buy, but depending on what you're looking for & what your overall needs are - its a good buy. One drawback I do know of - in spite of the fwd, it has those speed rated performance tires & doesn't go AT ALL in the snow. So if it would be a daily driver, you'll have an additional expense for better tires in the winter -

Yea I do like the G35. The coupe is what I would want but I have 2 kids that require baby seats. I just want something....damn tired of the beat up galant. :(

Dan

My mom just got a G35 M6 sport package with navi, she loves it. she looked at the NEW audi A4, BMW 3 series (new body style), the new IS250 M6, maxima, altima ser, 350z and the G35. they are all in the same price range, mid 30s. Infiniti also has 4% financing. Audi was 7% that was the deciding factor.

umm may I make a suggestion? how about 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP? 275HP Northstar V-8 runs about the same 1/4 times as the altima and are ALOT less cheaper with a caddy engine. My Uncle has one and surprises that heck out of alot of people he beats all those hemi-powered vechiles non SRT of course rides real smooth and is real quiet and turns alot of heads.. dual exhaust it actually sounds good too! and with all season tires it runs real good in the snow its lasted through 2 chicago winters with no problems at all! its front well drive to.

Guest FrancesTheMute

Either way, Altima SE-R, Maxima, or G35, you'll get a great car that is fast as shit. My dad has brought home every different Nissan made since 97'. I almost shit myself driving the SE-R. I would get the G35 though, Nissan will never truly back any of their front wheel drive cars. They don't believe front wheels are real race cars.

Basically...you wan't a fast/reliable car, get the Altima, you want a race car, go G35 for a bit more money.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course I am going to favor the VQ engine, but my friend just picked up a 2004 STI last thursday with 15k on the odometer. He let me drive it. It is a blast.

Unless it was a crazy deal to get the SE-R Altima, I would pursue a different VQ engine vehicle.

The SE-R is awesome. And if you want to add performance stuff on it you can always do that too with the VQ motor. (i.e. turbo's) If you do want to purchase a new one, shoot me a PM and I will set you up with someone and get you a sweet deal.

you can geta fully loaded maxima for 1k more.

I was going to say my dad got an 03' se 6speed with factory lsd for 24k when the 04's were coming out. He got a hell of a deal still, but for a little more money, I like the maxima's a lot better. It's a fun little car, the ONLY thing I can say bad about it is that it's FWD, but you already know that about either car.

You guys do realize that 'only' 4k-5k more on a car is $120-$150 more per month on a 3 year car payment right?

...in spite of the fwd, it has those speed rated performance tires & doesn't go AT ALL in the snow. So if it would be a daily driver, you'll have an additional expense for better tires in the winter -

I can 100% vouch for this if they are anything like the tires on my dad's car. No offense Mr. Stock, but they tires just aren't good tires at anything. They were OK in the dry, but not great, and there's no reason tires that are supposed to be all seasons should drive like they do in the snow.