The new Cobras for 20K over sticker?!?!

l36tols1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what other 500hp car could you buy for $60k??? its still not that big of a rip off.

Wrong! The car has a value of ~$40K. I hate it that dealerships are tacking an extra 50% onto the cost of the car. It's disgusting.

Supply and Demand.I wouldn't pay $20k over sticker but I've been the 2 seater route already and I am too old for another one so a Corvettes out.The Mustang does have Shelbys name on it though.It's an American Muscle car so it'll go down then back up.

Wrong! The car has a value of ~$40K. I hate it that dealerships are tacking an extra 50% onto the cost of the car. It's disgusting.

dont tell me im wrong. the car obviously has a value of 60-70k because that is what they go for. the msrp is 42. like i said before... what other car can you find for 60-70k w/ 500hp?

Supply and Demand.

Economic theory shows that supply and demand are not directly related. Demand and price, maybe, but not supply and demand.

dont tell me im wrong. the car obviously has a value of 60-70k because that is what they go for. the msrp is 42. like i said before... what other car can you find for 60-70k w/ 500hp?

You're wrong. Thanks for playing.

PT cruiser what? Remember when people were paying well over MSRP? Did that mean they were worth that? No? Oh, ok. If it was worth more than $40k, Ford would have priced it over $40k.

We go through this every year with whatever the latest and greatest happens to be (or the media hypes up to be regardless if it is or not). Only the IDIOTS with money growing on trees are paying those prices. Every other joe waits about 6-months when the hype dies down and the dealers are sitting on them for (6-months) and reality sets in. Then you will be able to buy them for below MSRP just like "EVERY" other FORD on the lot and yes even the Ford GT's sold for under MSRP (and still are)....

They liked the regular GT.

I can tell you how Top Gear will rate it. They'll all dog its technology. Then they'll drive it and be pleasantly suprised. Jeremy will berate it's cheap American-ness and tell a short joke about his cohost. Then he'll try to put it on the "cool board", and the crowd will moan - American cars do not go on the "cool board".

There, I saved you having to watch the show.

EDIT: Someday, Top Gear will learn about the wonderful thing called "torque". ...although I think the short guy might be starting to get it.

I forgot to put /sarcasm at the end of my post :).

We go through this every year with whatever the latest and greatest happens to be (or the media hypes up to be regardless if it is or not). Only the IDIOTS with money growing on trees are paying those prices. Every other joe waits about 6-months when the hype dies down and the dealers are sitting on them for (6-months) and reality sets in. Then you will be able to buy them for below MSRP just like "EVERY" other FORD on the lot and yes even the Ford GT's sold for under MSRP (and still are)....

You saved me the typing.

I've been the 2 seater route already and I am too old for another one so a Corvettes out.

Please explain this one. The back seat of a Mustang is pretty much useless. I throw stuff back there in mine, or in the trunk; I don't try to torture people by making them sit back there. If it didn't look so retarded in a Mustang (and the fact I have no reason to mod the slow thing any further), I'd just pull out the rear seats like I did in my Formula.

Hell, comparing the front seat of a Mustang to a C5 or C6, the Mustang is pretty pathetic in terms of comfort, and especially space.

you cannot find a c6 zo6 for 60-70k. they have been marked up as well. also, no squirlnuts, i am not wrong. everything i said was factual. thanks for playing?

Luckily the C6 Z06, which is a FAR better car, is only being marked up to about 80k on a loaded 70k car.

If it meant 70k for this new Mustang or 80k for a loaded C6 Z06, that's 10k very well spent. You keep touting this Mustangs new power (and from a quick google, I've seen nothing said over 475HP, but I could believe 500), but forget that the weight estimates are 3900+ lbs (and people call the GTO heavy!). That's 300+ lbs more than the 03-04 Cobra.

Please explain this one. The back seat of a Mustang is pretty much useless. I throw stuff back there in mine, or in the trunk; I don't try to torture people by making them sit back there. If it didn't look so retarded in a Mustang (and the fact I have no reason to mod the slow thing any further), I'd just pull out the rear seats like I did in my Formula.

Hell, comparing the front seat of a Mustang to a C5 or C6, the Mustang is pretty pathetic in terms of comfort, and especially space.

The back seat works great for kids, which allows me to take my son for a ride.

It's also not bad for petite women. Other than that it's not much good but it fits the bill for what I need. Older Mustang front seats aren't very comfortable but mine are adjustable to just about any position you can think of. Unless the C5's or C6's come with a Lazy Boy recliner option for a front seat I don't see how they could be that much more comfortable. As always opinions vary.

you cannot find a c6 zo6 for 60-70k. they have been marked up as well. also, no squirlnuts, i am not wrong. everything i said was factual. thanks for playing?

Not anymore! For about 30-minutes of your time, you can find a C6 Z06 at MSRP all day. In about 1-2 days, you can find them for INVOICE and many more close to it. :nod:

See my last post for any other questions.... ;)

(Supply has caught up with demand)

I have a 5 yr old boy and a 9 yr old girl that fit great in the backseat then my 13 yr old son rides beside me.I used to have to take the 2 kids to the sitters with one car then go back and get my 2 seater to go to work.At the time my wife was going into work at 5:30 am and I went in at 8:00 am so i had to take the kids.I would agree the C5 and C6 are worlds above my Fox Body in comfort as is an SN95.

No offense, Tom, but your car doesnt have Carroll Shelby's name on it;)

I guess the Shelby Dodge Dakota and Shelby Dodge Daytona and the DODGE SHADOW should be worshiped as well (sic)

http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/2b/0b/37_12.JPG

The back seat works great for kids, which allows me to take my son for a ride.

It's also not bad for petite women. Other than that it's not much good but it fits the bill for what I need. Older Mustang front seats aren't very comfortable but mine are adjustable to just about any position you can think of. Unless the C5's or C6's come with a Lazy Boy recliner option for a front seat I don't see how they could be that much more comfortable. As always opinions vary.

My Moostang is fully loaded, and though the seats are quite adjustable, they aren't anything to write home about. I've sat in a couple 03/04 Cobra's, and honestly I didn't like the seats very much. I've taken a C5 on a road trip, and can say without a doubt the seats are FAR more comfortable than my Moostang's.

I don't have any kids, so the back seat is about as worthless as they come. I've found chicks aren't overly impressed riding in the back of it.........

I could have swore the new Z06's were going for around that price? correct me if I'm wrong..