Fast and Furious 3 by the numbers

Patrick

Found this on another board,

From Sport Compact Car:

The Fast and the Furious 3: We Test The Hype –

Tokyo Drift Movie Cars: Dyno Thrashed & Tokyo Crashed

The following is the main info from the article, I didn’t read the article yet so I can’t touch further on any of the data.

Neela’s Turbo RX-8 0-60: 6.7 / 14.9@ 95 mph

RMR EVO IX (rwd) 0-60: 6.6 / 14.5@ 103.6 mph

Volkswagen R32 (awd) 0-60: 6.1 / 14.4@ 94 mph

Toyota Chaser 0-60: 6.1 / 14.3@ 101 mph

Hans Veilside RX-7 0-60: 6.0 / 14.1@ 104.5 mph

RB-powered Mustang 0-60: 6.0 / 13.8@ 105.4 mph

Drift King’s 350Z 0-60: 5.7 / 13.2 @ 114.8 mph

RX-8 w/Greddy turbo – 191.4hp / 186 lb-ft of torque

67 Mustang w/RB26DETT- 340.2hp / 264 lb-ft of torque

1998 Toyota Chaser Tourer V – 246.8hp / 250 lb-ft of torque

R32 MkV w/rwd conversion – 210.9hp / 208.2 lb-ft of torque

RX-7 w/HKS T047 turbo kit – 305.7hp / 256 lb-ft of torque

Drift King (APS Twin Turbo) 350Z - 430.3hp / 413.3 lb-ft of torque

EVO IX w/RMR rwd conversion – 289.5hp / 289.5 lb-ft of torque

The quickest car to 60 on 2Fast 2Furious was the Honda S2000 with a 5.7 posting and 13.9 @ 99mph ¼ mile and the R34 GT-R did 6.0 to 60 and 14.1 @ 101mph in the ¼ mile. I would have posted the rest of the 2Fast 2Furious numbers, but the fastest suck and I'm not typing the rest of the slowpokes.

By the numbers

$150,000 - Asking price for the Veilside Fortune RX-7, which was crowned Best of Show at the 2005 Tokyo Auto Salon.

$50,000 - How much Universal actually ended up paying

$20,000 - Cost of the custom red leather interior inside of the Veilside RX-7

6 - Cans of black Krylon spray paint used to paint over this interior

1 - RB26DETT-powered 1967 Mustang Fastback built for the movie

5 - Different V-8 Mustang fastbacks created for the movie

25 – Nitrous oxide bottles installed on various movie cars

0 – Cars actually ran nitrous oxide

2 – MkV VW R32s converted to rear-wheel drive by Volkswagen AG (in Germany)

8 – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions converted to rear-wheel drive

1 – RWD Lancer EVOs broken during our test session

1 – 1970 Monte Carlo engine detonated at the same test session

$14,000 – Cost of the Monte Carlo’s Billy Mitchell-built 572 cubic-inch engine that was destroyed

4,000 – Approximate number of Toyo T1R tires offered for the movie production

2,000 – Approximate number of tires actually used

170 – Volk Racing wheels donated for the movie

30 – Sparco racing seats acquired

30 – Recaro racing seats acquired

50 – Most number of wheel/tire changes per night of filming

45 – Days used to build all 200 movie cars

100 – Cars wrecked during filming

260 – Rented modified cars used for parking garage scene

600 – Asian extras used for LA filming

yeah toblow it up..

what did they do let some drifting emergency kid drive it who tried to rev it out to 8k ?

I meamn its a built motor how on gods green earth do you blow it up during a testing session. Shit I've test drove cars damn hard. and they blow up a motor ....

So the moral of the story is I have half a second on the fastest Fast and the Furious car! Fuck off F&F!!!!!1!!!2!!!3!!!stillslow!!!!!

-The whole fast and furious seen pisses me off. As soon as one is released, every high school kid starts driving like an evil bigger ass hole and strapping neons back on the bottom of their cars for the next 12 months that they are considered scene. Meanwhile, the directors are marketing cars that look "uber fast" when in reality they suck and have little to no work done on them. Furthermore, they destroy cars that are great. I hope to God that the second fast and the furious featured a dumby Cobra R; although that won't save the gt500 that was gutted and replaced with a damn Skyline motor. both the skyline and Gt500 are amazing cars, but the Gt is now a classic, it was a waste for both parties.

Guest timmybgood
67 Mustang w/RB26DETT- 340.2hp / 264 lb-ft of torque

Original 428 Ford: 360 HP (very underrated, closer to 400) and better than 440 Ft. Lbs

Wow, way to upgrade :nono:

and thats after a single turbo "upgrade" on the RB. they certainly used some pussy cars for the movie. at least the cars in F&F1 were actually fast

Not so much hollywood using fake stuff. All of hollywood is fake, including the people.

Its all the idiots that are going to watch the movie and think that swaping a nisan engine into a ford is the "thing" and are going to go out and desicrate classics trying to be like some retarded movie.

if you are smart, buy as many of these cars as you can until the movie comes out, then take your profits to the bank...rich kids, have rich parents.

RX-8

67 Mustang

1998 Toyota Chaser Tourer V

R32 MkV w/rwd conversion

RX-7

(APS Twin Turbo) 350Z

EVO IX

if you are smart, buy as many of these cars as you can until the movie comes out, then take your profits to the bank...rich kids, have rich parents.

RX-8

67 Mustang

1998 Toyota Chaser Tourer V

R32 MkV w/rwd conversion

RX-7

(APS Twin Turbo) 350Z

EVO IX

If I could buy one, I would keep it. :D

Everyone knows they will go see the movie. I know I will cause in actuality there isnt a better street racing movie out there yet. So to everyone who said that those movies are gay:

SUCK MAHHH BALLLLZZZZZZZZ

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/street_racers.html !!!!! ;)

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/street_racers_illegal_street_action_2.html?gid=

ILLEGAL STREET RACING ACTION 2 !!!!!

I wonder how many kids with civics are now going to go out and try to drift after seeing the movie? Death rates are going to skyrocket due to dipshits that think e-brake = Godlike drifting ablility, "D00d we can't lose control FWD dawg, I'll steer out of it!11"

I am gonna park my shit and stay the hell off the road the night the shit premier's. I was dumb enough to go see F&F1, at a drive in. Muthafuckers in Datsun 210's were trying to drag race Vette's that night after becasue they saw the movie and somehow thought their POS all of a sudden was fast.

A 78-year-old Granada Hills man died when his car was struck by a motorist who told police he had just watched the street-racing film "2 Fast 2 Furious," according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Keijo Iko was killed instantly as he rounded the corner of Rinaldi Street south onto Hayvenhurst Avenue on Sunday. Iko's Toyota Camry was struck by a 2003 Nissan Altima that was speeding along Hayvenhurst between 70 and 90 mph, according to police.

The posted speed limit on the residential street is 40 mph, authorities said

©2003 MSNBC.com

As much as I hate to say it I will prob go and watch it...

Good, there are no corolla's in this movie.. I would cry if bow-wow even had a scene standing infront of one.

+1

Since there are no Corollas in this movie, hopefully people won't use it as an excuse to inflate the price of them even more.