cedar point rules all!

large_x7

Saw this on CNN this morning:

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases/index.cfm

Cedar Fair (Cedar Point parent company) now own every major park in Ohio. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. I hope they know what they're doingand they don't turn into another Six Flags that can't properly manage all of their parks.

A cash deal of $1.24 BILLION.

What a fucking joke, they (Cedar Point) really need to lower ticket prices. If they have that much money laying around, there is no need for tickets to cost that much, especially when you can only ride a few rides per day.

Waiting in line for over 2 hours to ride a 45 second ride, doesn't apeal to me, that's why I don't go anymore.

A cash deal of $1.24 BILLION.

What a fucking joke, they (Cedar Point) really need to lower ticket prices. If they have that much money laying around, there is no need for tickets to cost that much, especially when you can only ride a few rides per day.

Waiting in line for over 2 hours to ride a 45 second ride, doesn't apeal to me, that's why I don't go anymore.

actually this is the first year ever CP has lowered there prices by 5 or 10 bucks for a adult ticket.

Kings Island used to be awesome pre-Paramount days. It USED to be that Cedar Point and Kings Island would try to one-up eachother on rides every year.

I find it funny that people are complaining about ticket prices though. Take a trip to Universal Orlando. You think prices are bad here: try $79/ticket after tax. I wish I was kidding. Parking was still $9, and food was as expensive/more expensive than the Ohio parks.

What's even worse, Universal's rides pretty much sucked. They had one 2 real coasters, and though good, nothing that Cedar Point and Kings Island don't have. They had a few copy-cat rides (power-tower type thing, water rides, etc.). Then they had their movie ride stuff, which most weren't all that thrilling, and few downright sucked. Actually, most of that stuff looked better on TV shows about Universal Studios than the rides were in person. Oh, did I mention they close at 7:00PM too!!!

Grass is always greener on the other side, until you SEE the other side! I spent the whole day thinking for about 1/2 the cost, I could be at Cedar Point, which is 10x better.