Guys seriously, IPS Motorsprts FTW

Sam1647545489

I really don't feel like reading through all this stupidity. I do feel like posting about the GREAT experience with IPS that I have had. I ordered my wheels,tires, and lowering springs through them. They cut me an awesome deal and I will continue to deal with them whenever I need anything. I actually I have stuff up there now I still need to pick up. I always felt very welcome, and everyone was nice everytime I have been in there.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you, I had some problems with IPS in the past. This was in their early days, and since then, they've come across as being very reasonable and professional. Although Jeff and I are still debating on a powercoating job, I still recommend people to them and will support them.

Why? They made good, and have gone out of their way to make me happy although I did have a bad experience years ago.

Shit happens, we live and move on. However, no business or organization will have 100% happiness from their customers/clients. Never. This is something that has to be realized, and dealt with appropriately.

And it was bright green :D

Guest powers

I was not working here at the time your car was here Jeremy so I do not know all the details. What I do know is the conversation I had with Jeff today about this thread. I went like this.

me:Hey why don;t we just refund him his money for the 2 hours of messing with that ARC2?

Jeff: I would have no problem but now I am just pissed off

me: I understand that but it is more of an image thing

Jeff: If this kid had an issue this large it would have come up one of times we worked on the car for free in the last 12 months

Me: well I can understand you are pissed but sometimes you cannot argue with idiots

Jeff: Just the fact that the kid blew me off for months when he owed us money is why I will not give him any money, hell I called the kid lastnight and he never called back.

me: That does suck. You should have never let him take the car until the bill was paid in full. I am sure that would have been more of an inconvience than the car running pig rich.

Jeff: If he had a real issue he would have called instead of his girlfiend and buddy wanting to e battle 12 months later

Me: well just think about it. I am sure that would be a good way to sqash this silliness.

Jeff: OK

So the morral is Jeff gets pissy on the internet when he should refrain. It is not as though IPS wants to screw anyone, but when you have an issue you need to address it and in a proper manner. If you call up here yelling at me I can tell you this, you will get ALOT less help than someone that wants to work through a problem. Jeff is the same way and has put alot of time an effort into starting this shop and I am sure he gets very defensive, more so than perhaps I would. So if anyone in this thread has an issue with work performed here please take the proper steps to work that out. If there is nothing I can do to help the situation then I am sorry and wish you more success with modding your car in the future.

I am sorry you had a bad experience.

Greg Powers

IPS motorsports.

Some of you have commented on Jeff's public relation skills, or lack thereof. I'm not chiming in here to opine as to whether or not those critiques are accurate. Instead, I'd like to point out that it's extremely difficult to allow people to run you down publically - and with a fair measure of slander - and not respond with some degree of force. So, while all of you may be correct in lobbying for Jeff to simply "turn the other cheek," I would argue that's much easier said than done. :) Regardless, though, I think he was being sincere in wanting to know how his responses affect the perception of the shop, and I believe he'll take your responses to heart. So, let's not overlook the fact that he was man enough to bring this issue forward.

All that being said, I have been with IPS from the get-go. I must have been one of their first customers. And here's what I have said - and very openly I might add - since the get-go: IPS has my business until they lose it. And, after five cars that they've worked on for me and a bunch of money in mods, they have done nothing to even come close to losing my business. And they know I'm fickle and don't give a fuck about up and leaving someone if they hack my shit up. No, they have instead done everything exactly to my liking.

So, in sum, as a wise man once said, "Guys, seriously, IPS motorsprts FTW."

I pm'ed them back in the winter once I had gotten the TA. Within 20 minutes Jeff called me, and expalined all the diffrent setups that I could do, the power each would make(roughly), how much it would cost, and how long it would take them to do it. He spent about an hour on the phone with someone who had not given them a dime, and who was just asking questions. To me, them giving me setups of what to do with my car, is reason enough to work with them. Oh, and he was on the phone with me after they had closed, so he was working over just to help me out. Great guys to say the least.....

Shit happens, we live and move on. However, no business or organization will have 100% happiness from their customers/clients. Never. This is something that has to be realized, and dealt with appropriately.

As a shop owner I have to say this is true. Even I have 1 or 2 people that I have not been able to please. The 4 problems as I see it from my point of view from reading most of this mess.

1. The owner has lost site of the fact that he no longer has a stock car, once a car is changed from stock form a chance for problems grows and on a boosted car of more the a few years old it grows alot.

2. The owner did not fairly voise his feelings so that they could try to fix them. Ips is not big enough to not care about word of mouth so I am sure they would have tried to make him happy.

3. They should have told the customer they needed to rewire the part and then if declined put that fact on the bill.

4. Jeff I don't know if I have met you or what greg's total job is but I would suggest letting him speak for the shop as most of the time he has a more political tongue than you, wining the e-battle may make you to lose in the long run

If i wasn't the DIY-er that I am I would probably have IPS do most of the work for me. Based on the fact some of the fastest if not the fastest cars have came from their shop. And all the installs I have saw where clean and not hacked. Im not defaming other shops but They have done A LOT of LSx Stuff successfully! I know I will be purchasing a handful of parts through them to support the local scene and cant get everything i want through JEGS... IPS FTW Black & White plain and simple.

kthnxbyez :p

Guest powers
If i wasn't the DIY-er that I am I would probably have IPS do most of the work for me. Based on the fact some of the fastest if not the fastest cars have came from their shop. And all the installs I have saw where clean and not hacked. Im not defaming other shops but They have done A LOT of LSx Stuff successfully! I know I will be purchasing a handful of parts through them to support the local scene and cant get everything i want through JEGS... IPS FTW Black & White plain and simple.

kthnxbyez :p

I can sell you everything Jegs can with exception of Jegs branded parts. :)

Powers is really good as speaking for people :D (<-not a shot just an observation, and mostly a joke, lol) . I have never personally had work done at IPS and likely never will due to the fact I won't be living in Columbus any time soon, and I am capable of working on my own vehicles. However if I were in a different situation would I let IPS work on my car? Old IPS, probably not, New IPS, yes. They seem to do great work and seem to strive for customer satisfaction. Jeff may seem a little high strung but everytime I met him he was like that, that seems to be his nature. It's been a long time since I have talked to him though. Sorry for the long ramble but I wanted to throw my 2 cents out there. It's good to see a good shop out there for Columbus, definetly a step up from the old Forced Fed Industry days!

Based on the fact some of the fastest if not the fastest cars have came from their shop.

This is not a hack at IPS at all (especially since they seem to focus more on the street cars, rather than full-out dedicated race cars), but none of the fastest local cars have come from their shop. That doesn't mean nothing fast comes from their shop, but when you go to Trails and see the top local dogs running around, they aren't IPS cars.

But then again, that's not the kind of clients that IPS is focused on either, and the kinds of shops that build those kinds of cars don't have much focus on the clients IPS has. It's very hard for one shop to cover the whole spectrum of performance cars; IMO a shop becomes watered down if they try to, and makes it harder to ever get good at one thing. Shops focused on certain groups is a good thing.

Guest powers
This is not a hack at IPS at all (especially since they seem to focus more on the street cars, rather than full-out dedicated race cars), but none of the fastest local cars have come from their shop. That doesn't mean nothing fast comes from their shop, but when you go to Trails and see the top local dogs running around, they aren't IPS cars.

But then again, that's not the kind of clients that IPS is focused on either, and the kinds of shops that build those kinds of cars don't have much focus on the clients IPS has. It's very hard for one shop to cover the whole spectrum of performance cars; IMO a shop becomes watered down if they try to, and makes it harder to ever get good at one thing. Shops focused on certain groups is a good thing.

Agreed. The shop focuses on street cars for sure.

Holy shit. Jeff never disappoints when it comes to an lengthly e-battle. Kudos.

They've always put up with my bullshit persistance and done whatever it took to get me out of there satisfied. These guys have always taken great care of me and i'll continue to give them my business.

IPS has always taken great care of myself and my vehicle. Here are just a few examples:

- I had a set of injectors sent out through Jeff to have cleaned and flow-tested. It took much longer than expected. Though this was completely out of Jeff's control, he still insisted that the shop cover half the cost.

- My car had been down for 7 months at my house. I finally got everything back together and it would not start. After another month or two of trying, I still could not get it to turn over. This was now only a few days before Spring break, when I had planned on taking the car to South Carolina. Promptly after explaining my situation to the guys at IPS, two of their technicians drove the 20 miles to my house to help fix the problem. 30 minutes later the car was running excellent. The car made the trip flawlessly the next day.

- I was traveling along I-71S when I heard a loud noise from my drivetrain. There was a bad vibration in all gears while accelerating. Within 30 minutes of talking to Jeff on the phone, I had gimped my car over to IPS where 3 people had immediately greeted me outside and started diagnosing my car. The problem was found within a few minutes and fixed in a couple days. This was all done at $1,500 below what the dealer had quoted me.

These are just a few of the times when IPS has helped me immensely. Everything has always been done in a professional, timely, finacially friendly manner. IPS will continue to get all of my business.

Guest powers
I'm wondering if IPS can get me a Sneaky Pete nitrous kit or something similar, but Greg never returns my phone calls. I'm trying to call you again today Greg. Sell me a nitrous kit.

I imed you the following day you left me a message homo and all you wanted to talk about was the car show :)

Jeff may seem a little high strung but everytime I met him he was like that, that seems to be his nature.

Im typically wayyyyy laid back to be honest. I think this week it just must be wedding jitters or something :)

Jeff