Good/Best Dyno Tuner in Ohio?

crusedog21

Hello All,

I just purchased some modifications and wanted to get my bike tuned. Does anyone have an experience (good or bad) with any tuners? Or have heard good things about one?

Im mainly looking around the Cincinnati area but willing to travel farther if I need to.

Thanks for your input.

I had mine tuned at DynoTune Motorsports in Columbus, and they are actually a sponsor I believe on the forum. $50 discount for club members, and already $150 less than what's his name out at Buckey Lake! DynoTune did a great job on my bike, and he's easy to schedule an apointment with.

I had mine tuned at DynoTune Motorsports in Columbus, and they are actually a sponsor I believe on the forum. $50 discount for club members, and already $150 less than what's his name out at Buckey Lake! DynoTune did a great job on my bike, and he's easy to schedule an apointment with.

Brian didn't tune my bike but did do the dyno pulls.

I'd totally go back there.

+1 for Brian

There are some people on this forum that have issues with Brian and others have praise, but you'll have that with any shop you deal with. Not everyone will like you or your business.

I personally know Brian fairly well enough and i fully trust him with my truck. He helped me out quite a few times when i was in a pinch and does very good work on cars/trucks and i am sure he does just as well with bikes.

My buddie took a mustang to him ...................he made it worse.He has never really did anything in the sport of drag racing? But when your tuning street shit I guess it doesn't matter:rolleyes:I only take my race shit to race shops.Ppl that have provin the tuning at the track.

You get what you pay for.Its to bad about Joe M. he could tune a bike forreal!!:bow:

My buddie took a mustang to him ...................he made it worse.He has never really did anything in the sport of drag racing? But when your tuning street shit I guess it doesn't matter:rolleyes:I only take my race shit to race shops.Ppl that have provin the tuning at the track.

You get what you pay for.Its to bad about Joe M. he could tune a bike forreal!!:bow:

Did you seriously just ask if Brian has never done anything drag racing related? Why dont you peddle your happy ass down there and ask him about anyone of the Fox bodies sitting in the shop or at their house. Quite a few cars runnign around Cbus and a few bikes are running on Brians tunes with no problems and are some of the fastest out there, Ford or GM. Hell his Incon GT would smoke quite a few bikes on this board and its older than most, hell Ive seen Brian out 60' cars in the 600-700 range with a almost bone stock SN bodied Cobra so i am not apprhensive to say he knows drag racing.

Your "buddy" probably took a car to Brian that was in no shape to be gettign a tune, its not the tuners fault if you bring him a car that is half assed and runs like shit not because of the tune but because of mechanical issues. You'd be amazed at how many people lie and say they did something or fixed something when they really didnt.

Did you seriously just ask if Brian has never done anything drag racing related? Why dont you peddle your happy ass down there and ask him about anyone of the Fox bodies sitting in the shop or at their house. Quite a few cars runnign around Cbus and a few bikes are running on Brians tunes with no problems and are some of the fastest out there, Ford or GM. Hell his Incon GT would smoke quite a few bikes on this board and its older than most, hell Ive seen Brian out 60' cars in the 600-700 range with a almost bone stock SN bodied Cobra so i am not apprhensive to say he knows drag racing.

Your "buddy" probably took a car to Brian that was in no shape to be gettign a tune, its not the tuners fault if you bring him a car that is half assed and runs like shit not because of the tune but because of mechanical issues. You'd be amazed at how many people lie and say they did something or fixed something when they really didnt.

No I said HE has never won any major event in drag racing and not one of the cars he tuned has won a event anywhere! Sorry that just the way it is.And if he is beating everyone around where's all his trophies.........Because he has a mobile dyno he can tune? He says he is a mustang guy Him and his dad But ever car the fuk w/ is a turd ....I don't no or care about the GM stuff . I know what I've seen what come in and out of the shop.I have known brian a long time And my happy ass thinks he still does not no what he is doing!! Every good tuner around will cost you 250 or more ............I guess you get what you pay for. IMO

I'm allowed to dissagree right,I've seen him in action unalble to tune a mustang ,infact it ran worse.We took it to one of bruce mills tuner friends in southern ohio and the car is starting ADRL this year in 10.5 tire class.And should be in the top 5 w/ brains tune the guy just might as well stay home.

I hope you get over it sorry

PS the last time I was there he had about 3 mustangs that would not run.

+1 to agree that Brian is def involved in drag racing equal to, or more than anyone in central ohio. Especially tuning mustangs, with mustangs being his specialty.Joe Morasco charges $350 to tune bikes. I can name several guys on here with JM tunes, with similiar parts on there similiar litre bikes that actually dynoed less than my bike. Namely Putty's ZX10. We both dynoed on Brian's dyno, on the same day, in the same heat, and I was about 10 horsepower more. Hell the completly stock 2008 zx10 pulled more that day than Putty's JM tuned $2200 ackrop exhaust did!

Morale of the story is not to rip on Charles' bike at all. It is strong and don't under estimate it! Not even to rip on Joe's tuning ability. It's the price difference from Joe's $350, to Brian's $150.

BTW Bikes 2 NV is a rip off. They really will charge you $250 to hook your bike up to a laptop and download the same damn pre built map from powercomander that you can get yourself. BEWARE!

BTW Brian has also tuned my 2001 Lightning with 400+ HP at the wheels and almost 500 ft tq, and my Roush Mustang that was naturaly aspirated with it's little 4.6L and it made 300 hp at the wheels(stock pull was 247 before we put the bolt on parts on).

+1 to agree that Brian is def involved in drag racing equal to, or more than anyone in central ohio. Especially tuning mustangs, with mustangs being his specialty.Joe Morasco charges $350 to tune bikes. I can name several guys on here with JM tunes, with similiar parts on there similiar litre bikes that actually dynoed less than my bike. Namely Putty's ZX10. We both dynoed on Brian's dyno, on the same day, in the same heat, and I was about 10 horsepower more. Hell the completly stock 2008 zx10 pulled more that day than Putty's JM tuned $2200 ackrop exhaust did!

Morale of the story is not to rip on Charles' bike at all. It is strong and don't under estimate it! Not even to rip on Joe's tuning ability. It's the price difference from Joe's $350, to Brian's $150.

BTW Bikes 2 NV is a rip off. They really will charge you $250 to hook your bike up to a laptop and download the same damn pre built map from powercomander that you can get yourself. BEWARE!

I don't think brain dyno has been calibrated in a while,His # seem a little off ,And sorry when it comes to bikes joe will make brain look bad......real bad ,Joe was in SSB a while ago aand took a stocl busa w/ mods that kept it under 12 or 130000 and went in the 8's when brain can get notice by a national mag then maybe I humor this.

And Al from bikes to NV is a retarded rich off chrome wheels not tunes .........And that is what he'll tell you . Al has been around for a while and is all about bling and cash!!And yes he did some drag racing back in the day and wasn't to bad!!

Joe charged me 250 ,He liked me!!

And why drag Al in to this what did he do?

No I said HE has never won any major event in drag racing and not one of the cars he tuned has won a event anywhere! Sorry that just the way it is.And if he is beating everyone around where's all his trophies.........Because he has a mobile dyno he can tune? He says he is a mustang guy Him and his dad But ever car the fuk w/ is a turd ....I don't no or care about the GM stuff . I know what I've seen what come in and out of the shop.I have known brian a long time And my happy ass thinks he still does not no what he is doing!! Every good tuner around will cost you 250 or more ............I guess you get what you pay for. IMO

I'm allowed to dissagree right,I've seen him in action unalble to tune a mustang ,infact it ran worse.We took it to one of bruce mills tuner friends in southern ohio and the car is starting ADRL this year in 10.5 tire class.And should be in the top 5 w/ brains tune the guy just might as well stay home.

I hope you get over it sorry

PS the last time I was there he had about 3 mustangs that would not run.

Yes you are allowed to disagree, thats obvious.

So now good tunes are based on cost, and a shop having three cars sitting around that dont run is uncommon? At what point did i say he is involved in NMCA or NMRA stuff, the guy does this in his spare time while working for Intense motorsports ( up until last week). There are plenty of poeple in Columbus that can vouch for his work, hell i can tell you honestly that my truck runs better on Brians tune than it did on a tune from JLP which is the world known Lightning Guru. Brian does a lot of street tuning, probably because thats what his business is based on, not straight up trailer drag cars. IMHO its harder to tune a street car than a trailer queen.

Great your friends car will start ADRL, what was the time frame between the time Brian had it and when the car was actually tuned by the other guy? I would almost bet that something was wrong with the car mechanically and the other tuner fixed it.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53710

Because we did a test a couple years ago. we downloaded a map from powercommander onto my bike. wrote down all of the numbers... Took it to Bikes2NV. After a $250 tune, we take the bike home and hook up a laptop the PC. Guess what, not a single figure was changed... That's how I know he didn't do a damn thing. I called him on it and got my money back.

Joe cancelled 3 different appointments on me the day of, or day before. The

3rd apt I had with Joe I called him on my way there and he said he forgot about me again and was on the road to a race. That is my beef with Joe, not his tuning ability. I have no doubt he is good, but for the price, and service he provides, not worth it.

Look all personal feelings aside lets just leave this all at this, some people like Brian others dont ( like i said before in my initial post). One person cant pelase everyone, so Angrish doesnt like Brian's tuning methods then thats his personal opinion and no one can change it.

The op can decide who and were he wants to take the bike, everyone has given their suggestions.

Brain has had no formal training or schooling on tuning. And not one mustang he has tuned has been in any mags or any big races "unproven" Just because a bunch of guys think he is good at it, is pretty funny. And his dyno is not correct. It has not been calibrated in how long? Unless your proving it at the track or getting praise from your pears,Its just street racers lieing about how many hp they make.Brain guesses his way through tunes .He said it in front of me and McCool.And yes something you do in your spare time isn't something that you are the best at,Its for fun and for a hobbie.

And ADRL 10.5 tire class are street cars; the badest ones in the world,Thats why they are in mags and travel to races,And you pay big money to get those outfits to tune for you.And if you prove it there your going to get a lot of respect.And charging 150 is cool when your not a professional.

Do you think he can tune like joel howard of fox lake ....??? Hes local been in mags won pro classs street racing. He has proven his tunes .When brian can tune a stock bike to run in the 9's than maybe he can go full time w/ tuning but When you go to the races ,Brains not there or his cars or the bikes he tuned ...so if they are all staying on the street I guess we'll have to assume its lies . Tunes are provin at the track.

I've known brain for 12 years and his dad I'm not saying he is a bad guy , But he is not a professional drag racer engine builder or tuner.

Sorry to upset you guys,But brain knows what went on back when we were street racing. I don't think he would tell anyone he's the best ,He knows there are a lot of shops that are serious about this shit. And I don't think he would act the way you are about it.

IMO if you really want to be serious racerw/ serious tunes you go to serious race shop. If you want to street race or bench race "talking shit to the other guy in the parking lot" Then brain your man,And the price is right.

HP numbers are for bench racers, times are for real racing and thats the way i see it. I for one could care less for numbers as long as my timing, EGTs and AFR are right.

I dont exactly know why your getting all twisted about all this. Sorry Brian isnt a national name that charges a lot of money and i never said he was the best ( which i leave for nutswingers to argue). Obviously your defenition of a good tuner is different from mine and throwing around names isnt goign to help.

Like i said we will just leave it at different opinions and we will let the OP decide who and were he is going to go.

Just to ruffle your feathers and ease the tension here...

"Its just street racers lieing" haha and Brain is actually Brian..

Please don't get upset, I'm just making a joke out this over-extended thread

brock performance tuned mine and his buddie brian snyter in dayton A+ guys and cool people to work with http://brockracing.com/ the only thing is brock will tell u the truth if u did something wrong if u want to hear it or not but does his thing very well 1 of the best in the bizz... brian snyter number is 937-298-6204