how to handle cops when pulled over

thorne

Cool videos. Good to help reinforce those things in my mind. When you're in a situation, it's easy to forget how you're supposed to handle it. I don't want to be detained or give up my private rights whether I have something or not.

Right before I moved here, a friend of mine was pulled over on the way back to work and was harassed about marijuana even though he hadn't been smoking or carrying. He refused the right to search but they detained him until the drug dog arrived. They let the dog sniff around the car and then said the dog smelled something so they had the right to search the car. Upon searching the car, they found nothing and still threatened him. Saying we know you have or had something in there and being generally rude. Let me also add that this friend helps run a major lab, is in his 50's, doesn't fit any general stereotypes other than he's from New Mexico (he's weird, lol) and he's not white. If they need a reason, they'll find one. You just gotta be ready for them at every turn and be willing to not back down.

Cool videos. Good to help reinforce those things in my mind. When you're in a situation, it's easy to forget how you're supposed to handle it. I don't want to be detained or give up my private rights whether I have something or not.

Right before I moved here, a friend of mine was pulled over on the way back to work and was harassed about marijuana even though he hadn't been smoking or carrying. He refused the right to search but they detained him until the drug dog arrived. They let the dog sniff around the car and then said the dog smelled something so they had the right to search the car. Upon searching the car, they found nothing and still threatened him. Saying we know you have or had something in there and being generally rude. Let me also add that this friend helps run a major lab, is in his 50's, doesn't fit any general stereotypes other than he's from New Mexico (he's weird, lol) and he's not white. If they need a reason, they'll find one. You just gotta be ready for them at every turn and be willing to not back down.

Isn't the act of using a drug sniffing dog on the outside of your vehicle STILL considered a search?

i cant count high enough to tell you how many times they use the refuse to consent to a search as prob cause to search

Anything they find at that point is inadmissable as evidence at that point. You have the right to refuse a search. Trying to use the refusal as probable cause takes the right of consent away.

Why would they ask to begin with, if you say no then they take th refusal as a justification for probable cause. Bad logic right there.

Do you have actual experience with law enforcement asking for concent, you refusing and them using your refusal as grounds for a probable cause search? Or are you repeating something someone else has told you?

Not sure. I think they can get away as long as they're on the outside. Don't know how it'd hold up in court, though.

no, it's used to obtain Probable cause to search your car with a warrant, WRONG.

per the supreme court of these great united states, the air or area around a

vehicle is public domain so therefore a police dog can sniff around the car.

once a dog hits on the car such as barking or scratching, the supreme court of these great united states say an officer then has a right to search the vehicle without a warrant.

the officer also has the right to detain you long enough to do a driving record

check, a warrant record check for any active warrants you may have, and then write you for any and all violations he may have pulled you over for.

by then the police dog is on the scene.

oh yea and if the officer has an arrestable offense on you, then he has the right to impound your car for safe keeping. therefore he has to do an impound inventory of the vehicle so he protects himself, the dept and towing company from the complaint of the tens of thousand of dollars they stole out of your car.

so in a nut shell if an officer wants to search believe me he will find a legal way to search without a warrant or consent.

no, it's used to obtain Probable cause to search your car with a warrant, WRONG.

once a dog hits on the car such as barking or scratching, the supreme court of these great united states say an officer then has a right to search the vehicle without a warrant.

check, a warrant record check for any active warrants you may have, and then write you for any and all violations he may have pulled you over for.

oh yea and if the officer has an arrestable offense on you, then he has the right to impound your car for safe keeping. therefore he has to do an impound inventory of the vehicle so he protects himself, the dept and towing company from the complaint of the tens of thousand of dollars they stole out of your car.

so in a nut shell if an officer wants to search believe me he will find a legal way to search without a warrant or consent.

I agree. Like I said in my first post, if they need a reason, they'll find one.

Also, here's a little something else of interest. I think I'll start a new thread on this subject here:

"This is a real court case report based in Virginia. Basically, a police officer decided something was not right based on the assumption of home-made CDs viewable in the driver's car. Bear through at least some of it, as the story gets interesting."

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/15149/Car_Searched_For_Suspicion_Of_Pirated_Music

Because he is a retired deputy he would know for sure. as for admitting itry not to admit unless i was oding someting stupid. Because one time i aditting to speeding an they were pulling moe over for loud exhaust. After talking politely to the officer i was giving a warning and set on my way.