*Warning* If you drive by COlumbus State

SpaceGhost

It's not just that. When I was in Drivers Ed I was taught to pull forward into the intersection to make a left turn, and when the light finally turns red if you couldn't safely make the turn and now traffic stops it is safe to turn left, (as long as you were in the intersection before it turned red). If we did not do this it would take 2-3 cycles to make a left.....Well now if you do this you get a freakin ticket for running a red light. The camera does not know what you are doing. Everyone does this at every left turn lane. It's how you make a proper left hand turn.

It's not just that. When I was in Drivers Ed I was taught to pull forward into the intersection to make a left turn, and when the light finally turns red if you couldn't safely make the turn and now traffic stops it is safe to turn left, (as long as you were in the intersection before it turned red). If we did not do this it would take 2-3 cycles to make a left.....Well now if you do this you get a freakin ticket for running a red light. The camera does not know what you are doing. Everyone does this at every left turn lane. It's how you make a proper left hand turn.

I'm sure that was taken into consideration during the development of these cameras. If not, I'd be happy to recieve that ticket in the mail.

the law is written that you are only supposed to pull into the intersection if you'll be able to make the turn before the light changes, if it turns out you can't turn before it turns red for whatever reason, you are still supposed to turn because you can't just sit in the intersection, but if traffic is so heavy that you won't be able to turn until the light is red you technically aren't supposed to pull into the intersection