Tansky sucks!!!

HAOLE

I am so mad at these guys you would not believe :mad: Last year I take my supra into them for a front main seal. They call me and say the the rear main is bad too. No problem, lets put a clutch in too while we are at it, even though mine was fine at the time. So about $2400 later including the new RPS clutch (~$700) I take my car home...I still have the oil leak plus now it is worse. I take it back to them, and they say "oh, must be the pan leaking" that will be another $1500 to pull the engine and fix the pan gasket. So i spent 1700 for labor to fix an oil leak that I still have.

This week I took the car back in for what I thought was a front main leak. Turns out to be camshaft seals... They say $800 to fix it. I thought it was high, so I called another toyota dealer they said $500. Tasky is a rip off :bs:

It is my baby.... I have taken it to other places before and they look at me like martian or something. What are the best shops in columbus.... I live in Mt. Vernon, most people have never even seen a car like mine before... let alone worked on one

I am a good bit from you but can take care of it with no problem. As much as it pains me to sugg anouther shop I think IPS has some exp with the supra's as well. The drivetrain in your car is not realy anything uber exotic so as long as you find a shop/tech that you trust and feel will take his time with it and treat it like his own you can go anywhere. It all just boils down to you finding a tech you trust.

I agree that Tanksy SUCKS BALLS! I won't go into detail but they pissed me off more than once when I took my wife's Matrix there, never again will I go there. I've had scott do a few things for me on previous cars, he went the extra mile to take care of everything, it was nice. So +1 for Scott and +1 for IPS, -eleventybillion for Tanksy!

Germain is fixing it right now... But I do want to do cam gears real soon So I think I will give them a try. I am going to call for a price today :D

You're going to cause me to slit my wrists if you keep sending that car to stealerships...get a socket set, torque wrench, some 3M brand RTV-type gasket stuff, and go to town. Not even kidding.

You can do it in the comfort of your own garage and do as good a job as either of those joker stealerships. If you want my credentials, look at my member status and consider that I worked at Toyota Mfg in 4cyl assembly and I'm currently under contract with TMMNA since I got my BSME.

Otherwise, Scott or IPS FTW. They're good.

I am a very capable mechanic...time is just a major factor for me...

If some one will do the work for 60/hr, it is cheaper for me to have someone esle do it rather than myself, just they way business works

I work for Germain Lexus you could have brought it to us.There are 3 or 4 guys besides me that work at Lexus that are on the board.I don't know why you would want to take it to a "stealership" though.They just sell the car and probably maintain and repair more of them than anyone else in the City.You need to call me if you need anymore work and we can get it taken care of.I don't want to put down any of the other shops that have been mentioned I just think with a car like that you need to find someone that you are comfortable with to do the work.I agree with not just taking it in to a dealership and dropping it off without knowing someone.I even requested a certain tech to do the Free first oil change on my IS300 today.

I need to give a good report for Germain toyota... They tore the engine down and found the front main seal had gone bad so they covered the front main and a good chunk of the labor under the toyota warranty. They charged me $380 to do both cam seals, front main, timming belt, and tensioner.

Plus they treated me well !!

I work for Germain Lexus you could have brought it to us.There are 3 or 4 guys besides me that work at Lexus that are on the board.I don't know why you would want to take it to a "stealership" though.They just sell the car and probably maintain and repair more of them than anyone else in the City.You need to call me if you need anymore work and we can get it taken care of.I don't want to put down any of the other shops that have been mentioned I just think with a car like that you need to find someone that you are comfortable with to do the work.I agree with not just taking it in to a dealership and dropping it off without knowing someone.I even requested a certain tech to do the Free first oil change on my IS300 today.

You work around a guy named Mike Iacobucci????

Dublin or Easton?

The guy who is the GM at Germain Toyota (Ferg) is a good friend of my family, he really does stress fairness in every aspect of the dealership, which isn't something you see very often. Pinkske, the guy who runs Toyota Direct, isn't nearly as 'concearned' about customer service as he is money

I know Craig Ferguson from a while ago,I worked with him at Toyota West.From what I understand Pinkston has some ownership in Toyota Direct so you would think he would be all about retaining customers.