Trip to the shooting range:: This Thurs June 15..

dragknee66

Was brought up in another topic... I'll be heading to the range after work on Thursday June 15 (this Thurs). Meeting place will be the Powder Room in Powell @ 6PM Its cheap to shoot there and they have rentals for those who dont own firearms.

From the site...

FEES:

$6.00 per half hour for a booth. Two people can share a booth

50¢ each for eye and ear protection

$2.00 rental charge per half hour for revolvers

$3.00 rental charge for semi-automatic pistols

I will give a free lesson to those who have never shot before and would like to learn :D

If attending I advise you to buy and bring your own ammuntion.

John,

I'll probably go. Gonna bring my P89, and I would love a little instruction from a "pro". ;)

Should I bring domed practice shot, or hollow points for the real deal?

See you there.

hmmm, tempting, I have been itching to go to the range again. I may have to stop at Wal-Mart for a 100 pk of 9mm rounds.

Oh, and BTW...where is the Powder Room? I was driving on 750 the other day through Powell and I didn't see it or any signs.

John, question... Can I shoot 223 at powder room? I've heard some ranges in columbus don't allow it. I'd be game to shoot. I sold my glock after we finished the firearms portion of the academy, i needed some cash.

John, question... Can I shoot 223 at powder room? I've heard some ranges in columbus don't allow it. I'd be game to shoot. I sold my glock after we finished the firearms portion of the academy, i needed some cash.

I want to say no. You could call and ask though. http://www.powderrm.com/

Is your AR for sale still :D

lol, maybe... I got low balled on my glock. I needed the money, though.. and I still do.. so make an offer! haha.

EDIT: I just called them, and I'm not allowed.. So it looks like i'm shit out of luck.

I'll only be able to stay for about an hour, gotta be at work at 8 pm on Georgesville Rd.

I guess I'll have to run to Dick's and see if they ever got any ammo back in stock. I stopped by about two weeks ago and they were out of .45 completely except for Hydrashocks.

If you like CCI blazer brass Vances has .45ACP on sale for $9.99 50 rounds. I don't mind shooting it. The best deal has been 50 or 100 round Winchester White Box from wally world

You guys might want to make sure they aren't having any pistol league matches that night. I can't go, I'll be at work.

Indeed.

Chris, if you are interested in that gun I brought that you shot, this is it and the place I bought it:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Hungarian_PA63_9x18Mak_Pistol.html

You could also check Vances, last time I was there they had a few in the bottom of one of their cases. For the price, it's a damn good shooter, just not to friendly to your hand between the thumb and forefinger. If you want to try it out some more, just let me know.