Dodge announces they will build the Challenger

Mitch

I thought GM had already announced the Camaro would make production well before DCX made today's announcement.

General Motors Corp. (NYSE:GM - news) also is thought to be likely to bring back its Chevrolet Camaro after a prototype inspired by the 1969 version of the legendary muscle car received a very warm reception at the auto show in Detroit as well.

They made it sound like GM hadn't made it official yet.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I'll take an 07 cobra over the mopar and GM, looks and performance wise any day.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060701/bs_nm/autos_chrysler_challenger_dc

Pretty kick ass, even though it was kind of expected. I saw the concept at detroit and it was, well, pretty ok.

Puts GM in a squeeze to put the camaro back in production, but its anyones guess what GM will do.

GM JUST TOOK THE CAMARO AN FIREBIRD OFF PRODUTION 4 A LITTLE WHILE THE ALL WAYS SAID THEY WOULD BUILD THEM AGAIN YHE LOOK LIKE THE 68 69 CAMARO.

The most important thing the Challenger will do is bring a six-speed manual transmission to the Chrysler LX-platform. While I won't buy the Challenger, I'd be tempted to pick up a Charger, Magnum, or 300 if there was a six-speed behind the Hemi or there was a kit to make one that way.

I'll take an 07 cobra over the mopar and GM,

Besides the fact there is on 07 Cobra (I know which car you do mean), but you are comparing a car in the C6 price range, and I'd MUCH rather have that.

Regardless, I'm sure the Challenger will be watered down and not overly exciting once it hits production, just like what they did to the Charger. The Charger concept was all sorts of awesome, the production car looks like a slightly rebodied 300C.

Since where I work, we sell Dodges / I must say this Challenger thats coming is creating a stir. I'm not a mopar man, but assuming it indeed comes as a 2 door with manual available, it will sell for sure.