Front Tire Issue

RC51 John

I was having issues with the front of the RC not feeling right and a bit unstable.

While on the Dayton run I noticed an issue with my front tire.

3FrontTireIssue024-.jpg

2FrontTireIssue020-.jpg

I was wondering what the heck could be causing this.

Needless to say it's not the tires fault. I checked the PSI and it was at 22. Yes that's right 22 PSI.

So, because I didn't take the time to check my tire pressure I need to shell out some $$ for a new front.

Same thing happened to me. Brand new 2CT. I didn't bother checking the pressure. Put more than 1000 miles on it. Felt great in the corners!! All of a sudden, I get the wobbles at 120+ MPH. I checked my pressure..and it's a little below 30. I bumped it up to 40 to compare...wobbles are gone, but now I have a cupped BRAND NEW tire. Grrrr.

Oh wait..make that *had* instead of *have*.

So is that too little, or too much pressure?

Often times, it is due to too little. Some guys read the max cold PSI and think that's the amount they need. In fact, it is simply the max it can handle. Often, you really shouldn't need more than 35-38, but it depends on how you ride, what your level is, etc.

Just running the freeway? Run higher PSI for fuel savings. Carving corners? Run lower to heat the tires to temp and add grip...

It all boils down to what you're doing, but 22 on the front no matter what is WAY too low. I don't think anywhere below 30 is good...