Attn: Mustang Fans

SpaceGhost

Guest powers
c6 or c6 Z06???

C6 with a few bolt ons walks away from a gt500. Stock for stock they are prety close performance numbers wise. There are already many confirmed kills on the vette forums.

C6 z06 would kill a gt500 dig or roll. True story.

Those damn c6's are fast. But I think it is fair to compare the similarly powered corvette and gt500. All in all I am unimpressed with the gt500, I guess I had the bar set too high.

gt500 with $1500 in boltons makes 600RWHP, its proven so shut up

one thing that gets me is the compression on this motor 8.4:1

what the fuck..

i knwo its a force dmotor but come on a 9:1 motor would make considerably more power

and yes it blows that it ways 400lbs heavier than the 03 cobra

but i would still liek to see proven footage of a c6 beating a gt500

c6 z06 i can belive but not a c6

C6 > Gt500 proven in July Car and Driver

1/4 mile times

C6- 12.8

GT500- 12.9

Lbs per BHP

C6- 8.2

GT500- 7.8

0-60

C6- 4.3

GT500- 4.5

basicly in ever test the C6 beat the GT500 except for BHP and TRQ which dosent do it a damn good.

lets investigate.... corvette vs. mustang.... are they really in the same class? maybe we should look at camaro v. mustang in 09 or whenever. or if you wanna compare a corvette to ford, maybe look at a ford gt.

In the email that was sent out yes. they called it americas great car or somet shit and that its more powerful then a vette. Hey Semi's have alot of horsepower does that mean they will beat a civic with a fart pipe in a race other then driving on top of him.

lets investigate.... corvette vs. mustang.... are they really in the same class? maybe we should look at camaro v. mustang in 09 or whenever. or if you wanna compare a corvette to ford, maybe look at a ford gt.

Good question. How do we define "class?" I would assume by dollar value. How much does a new C6 cost, and how much does the GT500 cost? If they are comparable, then I'd say they're in the same class.

Also, I would agree that the C6 Z06 and the Ford GT are in the same class. Notably, though, I think that the edge goes to the C6 Z06, since it costs considerably less but puts out about the same in terms of performance numbers.

Guest powers

right now a GT500 will cost you 50-60K. This is becasue you are a collector not someone who wants to go fast. A c6 will run you 55K out the door. Both are 2 door v8 manual transmission rear wheel drive sports cars.

Ford priced them to compete with vettes. Now a POS v6 mustang is not in the same catagory but we were never talkign about those. A gt500 is direct competiton sales wise for a c6. The c6 is a GREAT car, while the GT500 is going to be a flop. I don't care how much the car makes with 1500 dollars in it. Give me the same budget with a c6 and I will still wax you.

Ford made the 03-04 car too heavy and needed to look harder at curb weight. But on the flip side there are many people who are in love with the 100% leather interior in the GT500 (which is pretty damn nice I must say). The car does make power it is a factory 12 second car. But when put up to what GM has done with the C6 well ford fell short.

The GT500 was made to be a throw back and the C6 was ment to be on a race track.

C6 > Gt500 proven in July Car and Driver

1/4 mile times

C6- 12.8

GT500- 12.9

Lbs per BHP

C6- 8.2

GT500- 7.8

0-60

C6- 4.3

GT500- 4.5

basicly in ever test the C6 beat the GT500 except for BHP and TRQ which dosent do it a damn good.

Shits getting deep in here now that we are dropping magazine times.... :rolleyes:

So have any magazines gotten a C6 to run a 12.2 @ 118mph BONE STOCK????

Just curious because Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford did in the latest issue with the GT500. They even ran a 12.6 with the traction control ON. They are claiming 10's with bolt-ons! :eek:

Discuss.... ;)

Shits getting deep in here now that we are dropping magazine times.... :rolleyes:

So have any magazines gotten a C6 to run a 12.2 @ 118mph BONE STOCK????

Just curious because Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford did in the latest issue with the GT500. They even ran a 12.6 with the traction control ON. They are claiming 10's with bolt-ons! :eek:

Discuss.... ;)

This man speaks the truth... and the price will drop $20K in the next year or so. They did the same thing with the 03/04 Cobra. Dealers suck. However, with the GT500 they're making 8000 each year to almost flood the market with them so the price goes down. They don't want this to be a car rich people buy. They designed this car for the purpose Shelby made the GT500 in the 60s... to spank GMs asses at the track.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_0608_2007_ford_shelby_gt_500/

$41,900 for 12.257 at 117.18

I'd say that beats the shit out of a stock C6 running 12.8s at $52k - $60k (new in the local area, Bobb Chevrolet to be exact).

The 06 ZO6 runs 11.5s at $65k. A GT500 with $5k in bolt-ons (making it $46,900) will be in the 10s.

Chevy loses... again...