New Rider SW Ohio, Oxford to be exact

Pokes

Hey folx, new rider, new member here.

Just got my BMW F650GS a few weeks ago after three years of deliberation and research into what to buy. Absolutely in love with mah 'Nona.

Looking for riders to ride, wrench and hang out with, especially other roundel riders, but I don't descriminate as long as you don't.

I'm ATGATT and you can't miss me. You see a guy on a silver F with a Nuke-you-lur yellow and black Oly Phantom "Tron" suit, that'd be me. Can't miss me. For miles around.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Hoping to get the H&B panniers I won on eBay (delivered today!) installed and maybe do some wiring (though I'm terrified) on Saturday afternoon.

If the weather is decent Sunday I'm thinking of heading out to Serpent Mound and Fort Ancient and doing some riding and site seeing around there. Being a Texan transplant of 2 years, I figure it's time I started exploring a bit.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

149701477-M.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

I actually live in the "Mile Square" with all the kiddies even though I'm a full time staff member (and starting in a couple of weeks a part-time grad student).

I dig it okay. Not my scene socio-econo-politically, but beautiful and a great place to have a bike.

Not half as much shit as when he finds out it's short for Pokes Badgers With Spoons.

It's from an Eddie Izzard comedy bit about original sin.

"Original sin. What a burden. Hasn't everything been done already?"

"Father...I...uh...I poked a badger with a spoon."

"Well. Well, done my son! That truly IS an original sin."

i head out to oxford every once in a while to visit some friends but since school is out i havent been riding up there in a while. i might have to hit you up for a ride sometime soon, i cant this weekend b/c i will be out of town. but have fun i can get lost back around fort ancient for hours and be completely enteratined. i have yet to make it out to the serpent but i hear it is pretty cool.

Being a Texan transplant of 2 years...

Where in Tx are you from? I'm from the DFW area, I've been here for almost a year.

Austin and San Marcos for the last 13 years before I moved here. Hoping to either move back or head overseas when I finish grad school in a few years.

Thanks for the friendly welcome, all.

Anyone who wants to ride, drop me a line here or at thesunwolf @ yahoo dot com.

Not half as much shit as when he finds out it's short for Pokes Badgers With Spoons.

It's from an Eddie Izzard comedy bit about original sin.

"Original sin. What a burden. Hasn't everything been done already?"

"Father...I...uh...I poked a badger with a spoon."

"Well. Well, done my son! That truly IS an original sin."

you must be the only other person besides myself who knows, and enjoys his comedey. he is a funny dude.

oh and welcome.

Yeah, that used to be me. I can understand how it could be a bit annoying at times now that I've grown up a bit. Glad to see you'll soon be a fellow Miami Alum for your graduate, so congrats on that. There are some really good road to the south, especially as you go toward Cinci.

I actually live in the "Mile Square" with all the kiddies even though I'm a full time staff member (and starting in a couple of weeks a part-time grad student).

I dig it okay. Not my scene socio-econo-politically, but beautiful and a great place to have a bike.

Yeah, that used to be me. I can understand how it could be a bit annoying at times now that I've grown up a bit. Glad to see you'll soon be a fellow Miami Alum for your graduate, so congrats on that. There are some really good road to the south, especially as you go toward Cinci.

Yeah, there are actually great roads in all directions. I discovered a road with a few turns and even a little micro-twisty section just outside of town for me to practice my curves on. It's just north of town off of 732. It's the first right passed Black covered bridge. I try to ride it a couple times a week to get my noob ass in tune with the bike.

I even love riding that section of 27 AKA Colerain Hwy south of Ox just before Colerain. I got the bike into fifth for the first time on that section.

GEAR You need to wear it to the bonfire June 16th. Yes do please. Love it.

[/quote:ea1af]

Hmmm....tell me about this Bonfire.

I'm planning on being at the Scorched Nuts regional burn hanging with my neo-hippie brothers and sisters that whole weekend. But, I might be able to put in an appearance depending on the details.