car

iwishiwascool

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evo or G35.

Look at it this way, buy the evo keep it stock a few years, after it's paid off, buy another daily driver and mod the evo. Besides payments for an Evo are gonna be a hell of alot cheaper than a G35, weren't you planning on purchasing a house?

Guest vee21

EVO: not unless you want every ricer on earth trying to get a piece of you.

I have driven and EVO every day for the last 3 years. I have yet to have a ricer line up with me and very rarely do people want to race.

If you are looking for luxary the EVO is not the way to go. I you want handling, performance, all year drivablity then it is a good car to have.

Shad

Evo or G35.

Look at it this way, buy the evo keep it stock a few years, after it's paid off, buy another daily driver and mod the evo. Besides payments for an Evo are gonna be a hell of alot cheaper than a G35, weren't you planning on purchasing a house?

That plan has been in the back of my head.

Yes, house purchase is on track.

330 or G35...or hell...even a 325.

I drive an M3 and honestly sometimes miss our old 325ci coupe. It was a really great car, luxurious, sporty-enough (for it's purpose), got looks, did everything well. It's no race car but that's the point...you want something that you can get in and enjoy and not worry about all of the crap that comes along with owning something that's modded to be super fast.

Both the G35 an 330 fit the bill. Wheels and subtle drop and enjoy it. Problem I see with the EVO is that it's a sure bet you'll start modding it too then suddenly one day you wake up and realize it's no longer a driver staus either..

Food for thought. Sold this car 2 years ago for $21 with 40K miles. You can pick up '01-'02 325's for stupid money these days if you shop around.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Picture_028.jpg

Andy

The M3 would be no contest if it was in the price range. If I did not have a forth coming mortgage and investment costs, my budget would be significantly higher. Depreciating assets are just for fun.

As for the GTO, I'll give it a try but performance isn't the main priority. I bought my mom a GrandAm a few years back and vowed never to buy a pontiac again.

Guest øctane
I'm with Bam on the first page. Get an '05 Subaru LGT. Either the tamed 2.5L or the turbo 2.0L....great car, good value can be both fun on the track and also an awesome everyday driver, no major issues and decent stock mpg. Plus, they look good :p

I've come down to these 3:

The BMW. And with the traction and suspension gizmos and some decent tires, winter won't be a problem.

Lexus IS 300. Excellent motor and handling, as well. Toyota quality and reliability. If you want to mod, plenty of part availibility. (And yes, I'm a bit biased to Toyota and for good reason.)

The Infiniti. First, IMO it's a much nicer, classier looking car that the 350z. To me, it just looks better; looks faster; looks nicer. On the otherhand, they're a little pigish feeling and the couple people I know who've had one were disappointed with the overall quality.

The rest:

Evo = no Thought you wanted luxury? If you want still want this car, then stop lying to yourself about being done with the mod car craze.

Jag = no Reasons already posted

Audi = no Kinda tiny, bubbly and feminine. An expensive bug. Though I have seen some nice ones.

Mercedes = That models not bad looking but I've always preferred the BMW

Guest 1sweet3.4

there are a couple of things you have to look at. Insurance will be more expensive on 2 seat sport coupes than on 4 door sedans. the performance will be better with the evolution over the G35, more easily modified ( once a car freak always a car freak) the craving for more power will always come back, especially once the vehicle gets to be 3 yrs old and the newness has worn off. Also the other choices are just not kosher. Save for the M3. but then you have to look at the fact that the g35 and m are going to be uber expensive to care for, in comparison to the lancer.

on a sidenote, you willl never get the money back out of the talon so you might as well keep the thing. Used cars don't go for shit especially when the market is as cheap for cars only 7 years old. and you would prolly be condemning the talon to the rest of it's days being raped by young jackasses who will plug the waste gate and kill the car. and for that the dsm gods will condemn you to the 7th circle of hell for killing one of a dying breed. and i will call you a murderer and forever hate you. not that you'd care but your soul will. mwahahahhaha

IS250 is sloooooow,especially in AWD.

Plus it's new and it would be out of price range (25k ceiling).

Have you thought about an MR? Sure it may be a bit much of a race car for daily driving but hell, your coming from a modded 1g what could be worse? I think it would satisfy the need for a decently quick daily with a large base of modification's to choose from when your ready. Only problem would be finding one under 25k.

I just bought an 04 jetta w/ 22k on it. It's a 4 cylinder automatic. i bought this car with the sole intention NOT to modify it, no matter what, it will be slow. but its comfy and it gets great gas mileage, in a year or two i'll buy a bike or another dsm to have fun in. It was just time to make a "grown up" decision to buy a dependable car. Those days of changing alternator's in the middle of a downpour in the parking lot at work are over. god i hated my dsm.

When I was with Nissan last year, the G35 coupes rang the bell at auction. Looks like they still do. Are you looking manual or auto? Manuals are harder to find, and they are usually pretty basic (cloth seats etc)

25000 is a very respectable budget, but most of the coupes out there wholesale pretty close to that if they are in any kind of shape with reasonable miles.

That being said, you'll find it if you look hard enough. Maybe something like this?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=206661883&dealer_id=596827&car_year=2003&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=used&num_records=25&make=INFIN&distance=50&model=G35&address=43040&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1155075405219&min_price=&end_year=2005&start_year=2003&lang=en&cardist=20

I'd say go with the EVO or G35, both favorites of mine.

I also like the fact that the EVO's are harder to come by at least in the area where I live. And WRXs are dime a dozen (I know you were not interested in one). If I were you I'd personally go with the EVO but just go with what feels right, and what fits your demands.

- 05/06 GTO. It's NOTHING like a Grand-Am. Hell, my mom is looking for a car and likes the look of them, and I'm a Pontiac fan, but I specifically told her NOT to get one. Hell, I bet the GTO and Grand Am don't share a single part.

- C5. Maybe I'm a little more rugged about what I'll daily drive than some, but a C5 IMO makes a very nice daily driver.

I don't really like the G35/350Z. EVO's styling is too boy-racerish for my tastes, no cruise control (a MUST IMO for a daily driver), and the interior isn't what it should be for a low-mid 30k new car now days. The TT screams "gay man behind the wheel" to me.

C230 is nifty, as is the 3-series. Though nothing wrong w/ the IS300, when you sit back-to-back in that then any other Lexus of the same vintage, it just really feels like the poor man's Lexus. Nothing really wrong with the car, and tends to be significantly cheaper, but that thought always stood out to me.

But I had this same issue last winter. Though my budget was a little less, there were only two choice for me: get a C5 and fix my Jimmy that I didn't really want, but had to have to tow my boat, or say no to the C5 daily driver and get a truck. Let's just say the Avalanche has proven to be a GREAT purchase, very comfortable, and is very useful. So in that sense, for 25k, I'd sport an Avalanche. :)

I just went sort of through the same process you did. I am not sure how much money you are pulling in and how nice of a house you want but...

I just took my job with cummins and the pay is great. I made a budget on excell to see how much house/car payment i could afford.

First things first...make sure you buy your house first. A house is an investment, I would hate to see you not get approved because you bought a car.

I bought my house and my car a few days after, when i got my loan for the car, the loan i signed on my house still hadn't showed on my credit.

Houses have a lot of xtra expenses with them, especially right after the move when you get it up to snuff. example, i redid my bathroom floor because it was built with carpet (ick) i spent money on more stuff also.

If i could do it again I would wait a few months to get the car, just to wait and see how my expenses level off. Might be easier for you to do since you aren't moving out of state but none the less make sure your car payment isn't too much and that you can still have money to go out and also money to save.

I opted for buying a cheaper NEW daily driver. the 06 civic is plenty of luxury for daily driving and i got to keep my RX. I was seriously considering 350z's and 3 series but the whole idea of now knowing how a car was treated in prevoius hands turned me off. also, 41 mpg on 87 octane with the A/C on is really nice. specially if you have another car that is your fuel hog.

I am not telling you to consider a slow daily driver like the civic. but I am just giving advice since I just went through the process

if you have any questions let me know

this man speaks the truth jag x types are junk, same thing as a lincon ls.

yes stay away from the jag it rides good, but if u have been out on friday and saterdays.. my dude jeff has a red 1 that comes to the spots and he has had all tranny problems with his.. he has had it 4 months and its been in the shop most of that 4 months