flying manta ray *boat fun*

88lx5oh

Linn's will go bonkers when he sees this vid.

He bought this big ass - like 8-feet wide - tube/disc inflatable thing, and we towed it around Alum Creek with Sam's boat. When there was just one of us on it, we could get it up out of the water for a second or two, but nothing like in the vid (or that other vid that shows the guy WAY up in the air and then getting tossed off like a rag doll). Anyway, that thing would beat the fuck out of you - the water was really choppy at Alum Creek, so you were always getting tossed around, and if you fell off, it was like smacking concrete when you hit the water at around 50mph. Seriously, you could easily break something hitting the water like that.

It was a great time, though. Loved it. :cool:

Linn's will go bonkers when he sees this vid.

He bought this big ass - like 8-feet wide - tube/disc inflatable thing, and we towed it around Alum Creek with Sam's boat. When there was just one of us on it, we could get it up out of the water for a second or two, but nothing like in the vid (or that other vid that shows the guy WAY up in the air and then getting tossed off like a rag doll). Anyway, that thing would beat the fuck out of you - the water was really choppy at Alum Creek, so you were always getting tossed around, and if you fell off, it was like smacking concrete when you hit the water at around 50mph. Seriously, you could easily break something hitting the water like that.

It was a great time, though. Loved it. :cool:

yeha I know what you mean I hit the water so hard before I saw stars. but got back on to ride again. :)

I used to race waverunners down at Eastfork lake in my mid and late teens, and one thing you have to learn to keep yourself safe going 70 or so miles and hour over water is how to hit the water should you hit a rouge wave, get bucked off, and eat shit. Actully, its more how NOT to hit the water. Hitting water at speed is actully more dangerous than hitting ground. Water has 3 elements to it that can kill you, while ground only has 2. When you hit ground, its solid, it doesnt give... impact. It also has a high coefficient of friction, it has the ability to just rip your skin off. Water also is very solid when you hit it at speed. Though its a liquid, the amount of time it actully takes to displace your body mass in water, is so slow compared to the velocity of impact, that it makes no difference. Water also has the ability to grab you and twist you around if it has the oppertunity. An arm or a leg that suddenly finds itself below the surface will cause your whole body to whip around very very violently. Lastly, should you hit water and becom unconcious in the wrong postion... you can drowned.

Now the way i was taught to hit the water was pretty simple... face first, on your back if possible, but always with your arms and legs tucked tight. This causes one of two outcomes. If you hit on your back, youll take a nasty shot to the back, but youll skip across the water to a relitively painless stop. Should you hit face down, youll take the brunt of impact to your shoulders... and other than a sore lower back the next day, youll walk away unphased. The one way you should never land, is on your back, feet first. 2 bad things happen. You get a nasty enima, and you get knocked the fuck out. Your feet get snagged and 9 times out of 10 your body gets whipped around so that you do a nasty face plant, knocking you cold.