Cleaning Clothes - after working on your car

Guest vee21

So after laying under my car for the last couple of days I have shirts and pants that are covered in transmission fluid and clutch dust. So what does everyone use to get these things somewhat clean again? Or like the last set that I thought was beyond hope, I just threw them away.

Shad

Buy a 2 post car lift and ask the wife to wash my clothes:)

Believe me I have thought about it. This is the second time in 3 months that I have pulled the transmission out of the EVO. And I had to put a clutch into the Mustang last month. I have spent a lot of quality time under my cars. ;)

Shad

Seriously, a can of coke works?? Ive heard other things that coke does, but never cleaning clothes...

Yep. there all kinds of things coke can do

Taken from http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/w/watervscoke.htm

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl... Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

Coca-cola is a great grease cutter, but not a cleaner. If you have one of those stubborn grease stains, that hasn't washed out, a little coke in the stain can really help, but it's not a cleaner -- you'll need detergent with it.

I am glad that I don't drink coke.

Thanks for all the input on my question. I will try some of these out and see how it goes. Although I am hoping that I will not have to do a lot more work under the cars for the next few months.

Shad