Brakes for my monte

thorne

well I made a horriable mistake, I put semi metallica on my monte . to say the least they blow donkeys. I would like to see what you guys think of these.

Home

Brake Pads - Front

DURALAST-GOLD Brake Pads - Front

Its the only thing i could find local that was cermaic and looked sorta decent.

Also is there anywhere i could get Decent upgraded rotors or could i get mine turned they only have 17500 miles on them.

Suggestions appreicated.

Guest Removed

if they where installed right , they wouldn't make noise! Ive put the cheaper (wrong materil) pads on those before , and they didnt make a bit of noise. what did you do wrong? are there shims on them? did you lube everything right?(just call me for the answers)

inbeforethemoveto tech section(where this belongs!!!

Guest 78novaman

I just put ceramic Bendix CT-3's on the Cougar (RWD v8) and raybestus rotors.

You have to order the CT-3's at advance, they are not an in-stock item. Auto Zombie doesn't carry them. They are pricey $60 for the fronts, but well worth it. Not a sound from them either. Also they actually grab harder as they heat up with very little lost when they are cold. I actually have to let off the brakes at the end of a freeway off ramp! They are supposed to be dustless....but they are better than stock!

Don't buy rotors from CarQuest. When I did my brakes last week, the two rotors they sold me looked the same, but one was Japanese and one was made in Mexico and looked like it had been sitting on the shelf for quite a while. When I put my new pads on (the same exact kind of semi-ceramic pads I had before) they were too tall and I could barely get them on the rotor on the driver side, and the passenger side I couldn't even fit on there because the rotor seemed a bit too thick. I went back and they gave me a new rotor, and this one was made in the USA. The pads cleared on this rotor but now the car hooks to the left slightly when I brake hard. They can't even give me two matching rotors, obviously they don't have their shit together.

Alot of aftermarket pads are made a little thicker because most people do not replace their rotors. Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads are the best I've used..on my 4x4's they don't even think of fading and on my Camaro they do not dust so the wheels never look black. Hey just2sweet, if it's pullinh to one side it's not because of the thickness difference, the caliper on one side is probably not sliding on the pins so you're not getting full pad contact. I put nevr-seeze on my pins and it will not let them stick in the sleeves in the caliper.