Do any Impact guns have lifetime warranty?

Bam

I'm looking for an impact gun, 3/8" or 1/2" drive, not sure how much tq I need, but I'd think 300ft/lbs should be PLENTY. I have all craftsmen tools, but I couldn't find if the craftsmen air tools came with the same warranty. It's not extremely important, but I'd like to buy this once and use it for the next 20 years. I only do light work around the garage, nothing major, but for my build this winter it will really come in handy.

I found a good deal on a Central Pneumatic or whatever its called, 230ft/lbs and a great price, are they any good or junk?

Where should I go look at some? What should I expect to pay for something like that?

Thanks for any help.

I had a Harbor Freight gun, and yes it did suck. I bought a Craftsman that has 710ft/lbs of torque for $159. It was a chunk of change, but I could start my car with this fucker. It comes with a two year warranty, and even the college kid at Sears told me to turn it in before the warranty runs out for a new one!

Regardless, it unbolted 1"+ nuts and bolts from my 20+ year old truck. GOOD TOOLS are worth the investment!

So I'm looking at both these...

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid=00918899000&cat=Compressors+%26+Air+Tools&subcat=Automotive+Air+Tools&vertical=TOOL&ihtoken=1

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid=00919987000&cat=Compressors+%26+Air+Tools&subcat=Automotive+Air+Tools&vertical=TOOL&ihtoken=1

I'm ready to spend around $100 on one, and I need it tomorrow. Both have around the same tq, 350/400, but which should I go with?

Also, do impact sockets matter? Or can I go with any?

go to walmart i bought a set of stanley impact sockets.. they are nice set and have a warranty as well.

but you can get a set at autozone, they warranty them there as well.. and will take them back righ tin the store like sears would..

or just buy some at sears

i have metric only, cause thats all anything is anymore.. both my vehicles use metric.

I had the Snap on 3/8 with about 200 ft/lbs then I found an Air Cat 3/8" and it has 425ft/lbs. Also I have a 1/4" from bluePoint and it has 40ft/lbs. My 1/2" has 925ft/lbs but I got it at a Farm store out in BFE for $200.00. It weighs about 10lbs and is the beefiest damn thing in the world. The old man that sold it to me said he works on 3/4" and 1" adapter sockets for his tractors on it. 925 pull off and 875 put on foot punds.

Get the turbo phenumatic ones they seem to work alright.

Like Dave said you get what you pay for.

I could be wrong but I believe that even the snap-on mac etc don't have lifetime on air tools, mac has 1 year. However with those you can get rebuild kits to replace the wear parts in them for a few bucks. If you want one that will last for your lifetime buy a Chicago or Ingersoll-Rand. Chicago invented the impact wrench and IR probably has the deepest selection..plus these two make most of the ones places like snap-on , mac and sears put their name on. One last thing..make sure that your compressor has the air volume(cfm) and tank capacity to handle the gun you buy. Rule of thumb-the cheaper the air tool, the more air it needs. so you might save on the tool but it won't work like it should unless you have a 2 stage compressor..not an oil less.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go check out that CP earthquake one at harbor freight while I'm there today, seems like it has good power. Maybe I'm not ready to buy one yet and drop $300, I just gotta think about it for a little bit.

I have the IR titanium guns in 1/2" and 3/8" I've had blue point, craftsman, and walmart chit brand for 25 bucks, all I'd ever buy again was the IR gun. For economy power look for IR 231's. they should be found about 120 and are the best bang for buck guns out there.

1/2"

a 3/8" impact is useless..

get a good impact and a nice set of impact sockets to go with it.

You obviously don't work on cars enough then.

I have the IR titanium guns in 1/2" and 3/8" I've had blue point, craftsman, and walmart chit brand for 25 bucks, all I'd ever buy again was the IR gun. For economy power look for IR 231's. they should be found about 120 and are the best bang for buck guns out there.

IR are the best guns you can buy. I have titanium 1/2" and 3/8" as well. I use the 3/8" for almost everything, you could put on lugs and take them off with it and it's very small and light. The rest of my air tools - rachets, grinders, etc. are all snap-on brand name tools and they work great as well. There are a few guys at work that have the titanium Snap-On guns that seem to work good as well.

I had the Snap on 3/8 with about 200 ft/lbs then I found an Air Cat 3/8" and it has 425ft/lbs. Also I have a 1/4" from bluePoint and it has 40ft/lbs. My 1/2" has 925ft/lbs but I got it at a Farm store out in BFE for $200.00. It weighs about 10lbs and is the beefiest damn thing in the world. The old man that sold it to me said he works on 3/4" and 1" adapter sockets for his tractors on it. 925 pull off and 875 put on foot punds.

Get the turbo phenumatic ones they seem to work alright.

Like Dave said you get what you pay for.

do you speak of the farmhand

for someone working just in their garage i think a 1/2" drive is what you want. but i dont agree with 3/8 drive being useless, i use them everyday when installing things that dont need to be torqued down as much as 1/2" drive. they are nice to have. blue point and snap on are only 1 year warranty on all air tools. but if you only use it in your garage and keep oil in it, chances are it will last you 20 years. the mac guys just brought in a 1/2 drive gun in a smaller than 3/8 drive gun body. it does 450ft pounds and is $240 it was nice. i am not a big fan of mac but it was deffinatly nice.

You obviously don't work on cars enough then.

pretty sure i do.. for suspension parts i would only use a 1/2"

breaking axel nuts loos, or lugs.

k member bolts...

any tough shit underneath the car.. especially shit that gets the most dirt, grease, and rust on it.. youll want a 1/2"

under the hood i usually use a 3/8"

snapon, and mac is what i used at my last job.

but since then i use Makita corldess stuff.

and i will say this .. MAKITA cordless guns are the fucking shit!!