Impressions from 9-8-06

coltboostin

First of, my apologies to the extremely low amount of cars that came down with us. We had 30 more cars ready to roll last week, but weather shenanigans prevented that from happening. Broken parts, jobs, other plans, and a bunch of lame excuses fucked it up for this week, but I did show up as promised. I would have came solo if need be. Keep in mind this is the 2nd time NE Ohio cars have traveled down there, so it might be time for a roll reversal.

I was impressed with the number of cars that came out. Maybe 150-200 cars and 50 or so bikes. I will say it is more than the average night up here, but one of the faults of the local community is that we are so spread out. There are 5 nightly spots that bring 50 or more cars not including the bike guys-and rarely if even do even 2 of the groups get together unless there is some score to settle. +1 for Columbus.

The Bike shenanigans were interesting. Sonny as usual is quite the character. Pilling stretched Busas off trailers to run for $1000 is hot any day of the week. The bike that won was a ZX-11 correct? Wanna flip for fiddy?

I did not see one car in the lot that is a 140mph or better car. “maybe” one or two high 130’s cars, but if some of the Akron boys would have made it out, it would have been a good night for us. Oh well. As for the dig cars, I am sure a few phone calls would have been made if we brought the hard core diggers, because there was nothing better than a 10.50’s (maybe) car in that lot that I saw.

I am disappointed that, Mike, “the Yetzzzger”, Kenny, and the others that were SO anxious to say hi and tell me how much I suck to my face did not introduce themselves. I can see by some posts that at least Kenny was present. Nice to see your true self show. If the others were there, and did not introduce themselves, then that is sad as well. Our discussion about the shop 240 would have made great film. Tilley still owes me a footrace as well, but he has personal issues to attend to, so we can do it another time.

Nice to meet Tinman, Tilley, and a few others in person as well. Sam and Linn have met me previous. Linn-you’re the man by the way.

All in all, your scene was impressive and more than I expected. I am glad at least a few of us made it down and race a few people. Hopefully we can work out a middle ground on getting some of our area best roll and dig cars to meet before the season is out.

Cliffs-

-sorry for the weak showing from NE Ohio

-impressed with the scene

-Kenny wears a skirt

-From what I saw-If we took the top 20% of NE Ohio roll cars vs. C-bus roll cars- NEO>CBUS. Dig cars also, but we would need to see what comes out of Columbus’s wood work.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see one car in the lot that is a 140mph or better car. “maybe” one or two high 130’s cars, but if some of the Akron boys would have made it out, it would have been a good night for us. Oh well. As for the dig cars, I am sure a few phone calls would have been made if we brought the hard core diggers, because there was nothing better than a 10.50’s (maybe) car in that lot that I saw.

???

i would reference the kill section for your explanation as to why you didn't get the "friendly" chat you were looking for.

We spent 5 hours thrashing on one of the cars that came down. We didn't arrive until after Midnight. We had a 2+ hr drive home ahead of us. One car that came with us, an infamous Black STI formerly of Columbus fame, spun a rod bearing. If we were in a cheerful mood, then there's no excuse for you guys not to be. :asshole:

We spent 5 hours thrashing on one of the cars that came down. We didn't arrive until after Midnight. We had a 2+ hr drive home ahead of us. One car that came with us, an infamous Black STI formerly of Columbus fame, spun a rod bearing. If we were in a cheerful mood, then there's no excuse for you guys not to be. :asshole:

Why did you guys turn the boost up when it was tuned for pump gas?

Jp, good to see some of you guys made it down. Next time bring some cash, its just not worth it to me or for alot of others to risk anything on a free race. :)

Why did you guys turn the boost up when it was tuned for pump gas?

Jp, good to see some of you guys made it down. Next time bring some cash, its just not worth it to me or for alot of others to risk anything on a free race. :)

Turned the boost up on what? If you mean the STI, it was at a whopping 15psi on the pump gas that it was t00ned for. Nothing out of whack with the tune, and the fact that the heap has destroyed itself how many times now, leads me to believe that someone can't assemble a motor, or that Subaru's are inherantly weak garbage. As much as I'd love to believe that latter, I can't.

Turned the boost up on what? If you mean the STI, it was at a whopping 15psi on the pump gas that it was t00ned for. Nothing out of whack with the tune, and the fact that the heap has destroyed itself how many times now, leads me to believe that someone can't assemble a motor, or that Subaru's are inherantly weak garbage. As much as I'd love to believe that latter, I can't.

Well I am not sure on what excatly happened, but I was told from a reliable source that there was a call made to ask how to turn the boost up on the car knowing it was tuned for pump gas and that the map was played with on the car and yes I was talking about the STI. For the owners sake I hope it is nothing serious.

i don't know what the fuck your talking about that someone can't assemble a motor. i know of two totally different sti's making power in the 600's built by the same guy and have'nt had any problem. and they see the dragstrip alot, i know for a fact that your buddy with the sti called a friend of mine and was asking "how do i turn up the boost?" just this past week. and you expect everyone to believe that he did'nt turn up the boost?

lets see, hes had the sti back for 5 weeks now, he's probobly been beating on it everyday for 5 weeks with no problems, he calls and asks "how do i turn up the boost?" and a couple days later it has a spun bearing.

i'm not sure why you threw the asshole in there. jp asked why none of us were in the lot, i was simply pointing that out for him.

Well I am not sure on what excatly happened, but I was told from a reliable source that there was a call made to ask how to turn the boost up on the car knowing it was tuned for pump gas and that the map was played with on the car and yes I was talking about the STI. For the owners sake I hope it is nothing serious.

The call was made as an inquiry, yes. But, the boost never left the 15psi mark.

As for Shrek-or whoever assembled the motor, I don’t know if this car is cursed or what. John is a good guy, I have spoken and raced against him on many occasions. His car and others he has built have ran well. Matter of fact, HIS map is the only one the car ran OK with.

But for whatever reason, this car has been sitting motors from the day it was sold to its not owner, at no fault of the new owner every single time. I would be livid if this was happening to me. Something is amiss here. I am pointing no fingers, because I don’t know enough factual information about the situation.

I say but a junkyard 4G63 in it. :)

I hope you know that the turbine housing as been changed since Alex had the car and is making much less power now than when Alex had it. Mike Phillips and Sherek put that car Together for Angelo. When Alex has it 138 was the best trap. Since Angelo has get it back from Phillips it has not been in the 130's.

So Mikes evo would have raped it.

But for whatever reason, this car has been sitting motors from the day it was sold to its not owner, at no fault of the new owner every single time. I would be livid if this was happening to me. Something is amiss here. I am pointing no fingers, because I don’t know enough factual information about the situation.

The reason you don't understand it is becasue you don't know anything about it. Kind of like the current owner of the car knows nothing about it. Nor will you know the details of it becasue you don't need to.

Angelo has no business with a car like that. He should sell it to someone who knows something about cars and buy a buick park ave.

The call was made as an inquiry, yes. But, the boost never left the 15psi mark.

Matter of fact, HIS map is the only one the car ran OK with.

I am pointing no fingers, because I don’t know enough factual information about the situation.

Yea because when I owned the car it never ran good, right? name another sti you know of that made more power than this car when I owned it.

And second - no you don't know enough factual information about the situation.

This motor would have gone 100k miles @ 15psi with no problems.

so don't tell me that the boost never went over 15psi.

Powers, you can read this too

Yea because when I owned the car it never ran good, right? name another sti you know of that made more power than this car when I owned it.

And second - no you don't know enough factual information about the situation.

This motor would have gone 100k miles @ 15psi with no problems.

so don't tell me that the boost never went over 15psi.

You can look at the logs. We have given nothing but the facts.

Yes-I indeed don’t know another 67xwhp Sti, for the simple fact that it seems to take a modern miracle to make that kind of power with one and it has proven to be now a terrible great choice for a straight line racer.

The can has never, not once been turned up since the new owner has had it in his possession. Logs were taken before we left just to make sure everything was sound with the map John sent. Every thing was gravy-11.0-11.5 AFR’s across the board-15-16psi of boost. Yet, still the thing shits a bearing. This is the 3rd time now since he has own the car that a motor failure has occurred, the first time being when your rebuild fail-or have you so soon forgotten?

And lets say hypothetically we did turn the boost up-lets say we were shooting for 40psi on c16. That’s not going to cause a bearing failure either.

I have been more involved in this since day on either YOU or POWERS, yet as per the usual powers spouts off like he knows exactly what the fuck is going on, and everyone else is in the dark. Since the first failure, Ange Sr. and Angelo have spoken with me at length about “what to do next”… Step one should have been to not purchase this basket case.

Yes-I indeed don’t know another 67xwhp Sti, for the simple fact that it seems to take a modern miracle to make that kind of power with one and it has proven to be now a terrible great choice for a straight line racer.

The can has never, not once been turned up since the new owner has had it in his possession. Logs were taken before we left just to make sure everything was sound with the map John sent. Every thing was gravy-11.0-11.5 AFR’s across the board-15-16psi of boost. Yet, still the thing shits a bearing. This is the 3rd time now since he has own the car that a motor failure has occurred, the first time being when your rebuild fail-or have you so soon forgotten?

And lets say hypothetically we did turn the boost up-lets say we were shooting for 40psi on c16. That’s not going to cause a bearing failure either.

I have been more involved in this since day on either YOU or POWERS, yet as per the usual powers spouts off like he knows exactly what the fuck is going on, and everyone else is in the dark. Since the first failure, Ange Sr. and Angelo have spoken with me at length about “what to do next”… Step one should have been to not purchase this basket case.

Well your right you must know more about it than me. Phillips built it and per John Shrek he tuned it. So your right, neither Alex nor I know anything about it and should keep our mouths shut becasue you talked to him for 10 mins a dark parking lot and know more than anyone else.

Sorry.

first of all you don't have any logs I know this because I was was contacted by angelo asking me how to even upload the hydra software on his computer so I'm pretty sure you weren't logging if you couldn't even upload the program.

second if you think you have been more involved in the situation since day one than i'll send you the receipts I have from the money I spent to rebuild the motor the first time and you can ask my wife about the 60 hours I spent doing all the work on the car or the many many phone calls I have had with angelo sr. & jr.

The fact of the matter is I really don't care about this car anymore I just really can't stand you JP.

If you are really so concerned and have really been so involved than why don't you help them out this time or are you to busy "spouting off" on all the forums all the time.

Again, no action tonight, even if it stays dry. We will try the Same meet, same time, same itinerary, on September 8th. Call off work, find a baby sitter, do what you have to do. Be there or be a fag, and I don’t want to here ANY excuses this time around.

Did you post this on your fourm?Are there alot of fags up there?

Well your right you must know more about it than me. Phillips built it and per John Shrek he tuned it. So your right, neither Alex nor I know anything about it and should keep our mouths shut becasue you talked to him for 10 mins a dark parking lot and know more than anyone else.

Sorry.

Dark parking lot? WTF are you talking about? Do you even know? I have talked at length, several times to John about this. I have had several extended conversations with Mike about this. And Ange Sr. has asked me for advice every step of the way. Please-stop while your ahead.

first of all you don't have any logs I know this because I was was contacted by angelo asking me how to even upload the hydra software on his computer so I'm pretty sure you weren't logging if you couldn't even upload the program.

second if you think you have been more involved in the situation since day one than i'll send you the receipts I have from the money I spent to rebuild the motor the first time and you can ask my wife about the 60 hours I spent doing all the work on the car or the many many phone calls I have had with angelo sr. & jr.

The fact of the matter is I really don't care about this car anymore I just really can't stand you JP.

If you are really so concerned and have really been so involved than why don't you help them out this time or are you to busy "spouting off" on all the forums all the time.

It is quite stupid of you to say “we don’t have any logs” as a statement of fact when you have no clue if we do or not. Yes, Angelo does not know how to use the software-but Matt who was pulling the logs does. Im sure you knew that. Again, we would be happy to show you the logs.

I am sorry you volunteered to fix the car after it popped so soon on pump gas and low boost the first time, and I am sorry it fail so soon after your work was complete. Again, I have not met you, and do not dislike you personally because of that fact-but all I have to work with are the facts of this matter. He purchased a car for a ton of $ that should not have broken under the conditions he was diving it. It did. You kindly volunteered to fix it, and it quickly broke again. And after the 3rd time, it has now shit a bearing-still with no boost and a safe tune. What can I say about that?

The car ran well for a time when you had it. How reliable it was-I cant say. But as of now, the car is just a headache for both of them.

And as far as helping them out, I have done what I can. I told them to take it to the only shop that I have heard ZERO real well founded complaints about since I was in this scene0the same place I told them to take it to after grenaded motor # 1 and 2. Buschur Racing.

ZX-10, Zx-11-either way it was the winner! But thanks for the clarification.

As for the car-when it first was hurt is not the point-the way it failed this time as with the times before was no fault of the owners, and it simply should not have failed under the circumstances. He should have been able to drive that thing around the world with no issues the way the car is set up.

JP, it was cool of you and the others that were willing/able to make the trip. Sorry I had to take care of some lady business - you'll get your footrace (read: I'm going to smoke your ass in a 40-yard dash :eek: ) next time we hook up. :) Anyway, without an operational car, it didn't make much sense for me to be emeshed in the festivities. When it's done, I promise, I'll make the trip up there, and I'll bring whoever wants to come. Maybe then you're new project will be done, and we - along with Jamie - can make it three wide.