Back From Slowmotion's Dyno Day

Guest Hal

Just got back from the slowmotion dyno day, and the car finally has some numbers. 150 shot with a 10.6 wavy afr :wtf: it made 650wtq and 550whp. Not the numbers I wanted, but it's a start. Will post up a graph after I get it monday.

PS. thanks to Corey and the guys at slowmotion, I had a good time.

Just got back from the slowmotion dyno day, and the car finally has some numbers. 150 shot with a 10.6 wavy afr :wtf: it made 650wtq and 550whp. Not the numbers I wanted, but it's a start. Will post up a graph after I get it monday.

PS. thanks to Corey and the guys at slowmotion, I had a good time.

You've got to remember; their dyno is loaded and will generally show lower (truer) numbers than say an unloaded dyno.

congrats on the numbers though. :burn:

I'm guessing because you're turboed? Added resistance helps spool?

You can program the duration of the pull (the amount of load that it applies) to whatever you want. My car spools a tad quicker at the track than it does on that Dynapack. I've found the loading variation to swing the AFRs way more than the boost response compared to the track.

Independent of how the operator programs the sweep. you can make the dyno spit out any number you want. As long as its never screwed with in the long term then it really doesn't matter. For example, there's an AWD Mustang dyno up north that spit out notoriously low dyno numbers compared to the dynojets. He probably was losing business because of it because most people don't treat a dyno as a tuning tool and use it more for trophy numbers. Now, as of about a year ago, this same dyno is magically spitting out "Dynojet like" numbers.

Not true in my experience.

mine either. I have seen NA cars dyno within 10 hp of what they have done on Brians Dynojet.

From what I can tell the Slomo dyno and dynojets are VERY close. This would apply to NA, spray, turbo, and blown.

You've got to remember; their dyno is loaded and will generally show lower (truer) numbers than say an unloaded dyno.

congrats on the numbers though.

It amazes me how often this will come up in a forum. I say they are so up and down it doesnt matter track will tell the truth. Im sure the ips evo would have put down 700 :bs: anyways I find cory's dyno to be a good tool but a tool is all it is. It doesnt tell you how fast your cars is and as far as the mustang im guessing why spray and untuned car? 10.6afr is so rich it's not funny. if you were tuned right you would have made like 7**.

It amazes me how often this will come up in a forum. I say they are so up and down it doesnt matter track will tell the truth. Im sure the ips evo would have put down 700 :bs: anyways I find cory's dyno to be a good tool but a tool is all it is. It doesnt tell you how fast your cars is and as far as the mustang im guessing why spray and untuned car? 10.6afr is so rich it's not funny. if you were tuned right you would have made like 7**.

Put the keyboard down.

Take the keyboard, smack yourself in the face.

With that said, the car is tuned. It is obviously not a great tune, but that's the best I can do without getting to brian. You are right, it would have made 7** and 6** with a good afr, but, that doesn't change what numbers it did make. 700 wouldn't surprise me either in Mike's car.

Well I dont think that will happen anytime soon. ;) mikes car making 700 doubtful, I wont go there though Its been argued about enough on other boards. :) goodluck to you and your mustang, I was just stating my personal experience with cory's dyno and brian's and another mustang dyno form chicago. I would say brians is the most accurate. You say slomo's dyno puts a load on the car so does brians if it didnt you would spin the tires in 4th on the dyno because there is no load. I wont slap myself with the keyboars I already got hit n the face with my lower crossmember and am still sore from that.

I raced linn like 2 months ago, and I raced Mike a couple weeks ago.

Lol at the crossmember though, that'll have to do for the keyboard. I'm not too worried about the numbers though, they were just to get an idead on where it's at for now. It'll be packing more at norwalk assuming greg's suppliers give me my stuff ;) .