True2Form Collision Repair???

BloodRed

Has anyone had any work done at True2Form Collision Repair? My drivers side door on my Stratus got hit last Tuesday and that is where the guys insurance company wanted to send me to get an estimate and the work done. I got an estimate from Dennis AutoPoint's Body Shop. I have had repairs done there before and liked the work they performed. They told me they may be able to get the work done at Dennis. But before I put up a fight, has anyone had any experience with them? It would be the Dublin branch I would be getting the work done at.

Thanks

Guest FooFooMaru

All I hear is good things. My insurance and friend said to go there.

I went to a close friend for paint and such though.

But that's paint, so yeah...i'd go there. Although when I went in for an estimate, they seemed kinda like wankers. Wanted your money and such and get out ahaha. I don't know.

• 2 years later...

I had a car painted by them quite a while ago when Jeff from IPS still worked there.

Turned out real nice. Don't know if they still have any of the same painters, though. It was the one in Grandview.

Edit: Pics I have off hand:

http://www.wtfhost.com//files/44/AUT_8044.jpg

http://www.wtfhost.com//files/44/Mvc-007f.jpg

and the end result:

http://www.wtfhost.com//files/44/DSC00939.jpg

http://www.wtfhost.com//files/44/Kenny1.jpg

They can't make you get the work done where they want you too. I've heard good things about Clifford Auto. I've had good experiences with McCombs over here on the east side, just take note that my Camaro has been on their frame rack and it looks pretty good for what the car has been through.

I'm open to suggestions really. They just recommended this place and a few people I talked to today said it was a quality place and it was owned by Bobby Rahal or something like that. Figured I would do a search on here and ask about it. Shopping for estimates and a good place to go to.

I will PM the Clifford guy.

Can anyone else comment on their white matching? I'm searching for a good body shop in the Columbus area and this one seems pretty solid... but I need my white to match.

Depends on the white. "Normal" white is typically pretty easy. When you get in to pearls and some off-white's they can be very difficult. Pearl white is one color an insurance company will automatically pay to blend adjacent panels (Typically) as they almost never match otherwise. It honestly all just depends on the specific paint code and the age/condition of the existing paint.

Jeff

Jeff pretty much says it to the tee. White can be easy or hard, it just depends on the conditions of the paint and the actual color of the white. Where it was built also can change the variance in the same paint code. For example Honda Odyssey, has 1 white, built in two different plants. When I mix paint I have to check the vin for the build so I know which white to mix.

On Topic... I have mix feelings about T2F, I have seen very nice work come out of 2 of there shops, and at the same time I have seen what "looked" like single stage black on a brand new vehicle from Grandview. And the Dublin location told me there work on a door seam was a factory seam bead. Me knowing the inside of the door was fixed when I inspected it I asked them to check the other door for comparison. What it was, was unfinished body filler that was painted over.

No one shop is perfect though. My employee used to work for Achbach and has told me the horror stories of hack jobs that have left that shop.

One of my friends is having a widebody kit put on is G and i think that T2F is putting it on a painting it. The guy my family uses is just outside West Jefferson. He does everything out his house and does a great job and does no advertising and is always busy. His name is Chip and his number if ya want it is 8708219.

• 5 months later...

I took my car there twice. They did good work. Good paint quality. They pissed me off the second time though. I hit an animal and it tore up the grill, foglight, splash guard, front bumper. So a week later I get the car back without a splash guard and a piece had not been painted so it stood out (engine warmer cut out). They told me the splash guard was on national backorder and they would not get it for a week or so. I called the insurance company and they had the splash guard and my car ready the very next day and the piece was painted. Just gave me a bad vibe. I shouldn't have to complain to have my car returned to it's stock form.

Also, I asked them not to drill holes in the front bumper as I was moving to Indiana shortly (where I currently live, no front plate needed). They told me they HAD to drill holes for the front plate. Ok. Seems like bs, but whatever. Not only did they drill holes, the assholes drilled the holes so my plate sat crooked. Never again.