That time of year again... Haunted Houses!

sciongirl

Anyone planning on going to some haunted houses this year? Any suggestions?? I went to Haunted Hoochie last year and stood in line for over an hour and I thought it was sorta gay, though my head was barried... just incase I got scared lol

List some of the good haunted houses this year.

Diana

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the drive and goto the Moundsville Penitentiary. I'm not 100% sure if they have a "Haunted House" set up this year but whatever time of year it is, its deff interesting and kinda creepy to see. They have ghost hunts a few times a year. My girlfriend and I went on a regular tour of the pen during the day once and it was eerie even then. Heres a link with some info.

http://www.ohioghosthunter.com/ghosthuntmoundsvillewvpenitentiary.html

why hello thar little lady :leghump:

:lol:

how tall are you and what do you look like ;)

Damn leghumpers. You're both really sad...

I need a guy this year to hang on... preferably one that smells nice and is taller than me.

BTW: I'm 6'3", and smell like Candies. Haha!

The entire "spookiness" of that haunted house is the location, how could they do that in columbus??

I went to the Ohio Reformatory mansfield a couple years ago... not to bad at all, its very maze-like. Plus abandoned prisons are eerie to begin with.

http://www.hauntedx.com/xhaunt.html

These are the main 3 we'll be going to this year. These 3 were all on the Top 13 Haunted Houses and all within distance.

Seven Floors of Hell

Dead Acres

Dr. Lady Horror Hotel

Though, I've heard good things about the Ohio Reformatory one.

Guest FooFooMaru

Corn mazes are usually the best. There is one in.......ummmm, er....past Milford Center and it was freakin' amazing. The best i've gone to. Once you go through the town, VERY SMALL, you turn left on a road and follow it a bit....I can get details but honestly it was 5 or 7 dollars and lasted quite a while and the maze was perfect. It was actually difficult and fun.

Good time to joke with friends and if you have JUST a lady friend, it might be better if not a girlfriend, just a friend. More fun probably...depends on how you and your gf are.

+1 more for the Mansfield reformatory

I dont know if they still do it there, but I went there 3 times my senior year of High School, and each time they changed the route taken, which adds to the eery feeling since you can never expect or know whats going to be next

I've heard good things about the Waverly Hills Sanatorium, but Louisville, KY is a bit of a drive. Went on a regular tour of the place, that building seems to have an 'energy' all its own. Lots to be seen & felt, like sudden temp changes, etc.

+1 more for the Mansfield reformatory

I dont know if they still do it there, but I went there 3 times my senior year of High School, and each time they changed the route taken, which adds to the eery feeling since you can never expect or know whats going to be next

A bunch of us went there last year. Just looking around you can tell it must have truely been "Hard Time" spent there.

5'6" and I really like Coolwater or Polo Sport...

I like the maze-like trails. I used to drive out to South Bend to go to this Haunted Trail thing where you'd have a group in a car and have to follow clues that would take you to haunted houses... you go through the house and get another set of clues and it takes you to another house. Probably like 5 houses in all and it would last about 4 hours. The ones with the fastest time and closest to the mileage would win $$$.

And I think Dead Acres is the former Haunted Hoochie???

I've heard good things about the Waverly Hills Sanatorium, but Louisville, KY is a bit of a drive. Went on a regular tour of the place, that building seems to have an 'energy' all its own. Lots to be seen & felt, like sudden temp changes, etc.

Fuck that place, I watched a documentary on that. Freaky ass shit, you could clearly see shadows and shit walking around. I guess if you get a group of 10 people together you can stay the night there. I think me and some friends are going to try to do that. Should be a different experience, I have the lady's number to call if anyone wants to call about tours and stuff there.

Well I guess since I seem to be the local paranormal investigator here, I should chime in. Hanuted houses/trails and such are cool, I use to go to them all the time. They use to have a really good one behind the drive-in on the East side, I want to say Reynoldsburg. But I don't think they do that any more. As for Mansfield, I have never made it up to there haunted house, but I have done there ghost hunts a couple times. And I will tell you that place is creapy no matter when you are there. My wife and I are looking to become volunteers up there next year to guide the day and night tours.

Waverly Hills is also a cool place. I am not sure if they do a "haunted house" thing during October, but they do do ghost tours pretty much year around. If I remember right, it is $100 a person to do there over night "ghost tours." Our group is hoping to make the trip down next year.

If you want to check out what our group does and where we have been, check our the link in my signature. We are mid way through a site update, so some of the pages look a lot different that the others. Also we have some investigations that we haven't got up yet, that are just about ready to be loaded.

Fuck that place, I watched a documentary on that. Freaky ass shit, you could clearly see shadows and shit walking around. I guess if you get a group of 10 people together you can stay the night there. I think me and some friends are going to try to do that. Should be a different experience, I have the lady's number to call if anyone wants to call about tours and stuff there.

Its like that movie Silent Hill :eek: