Nitrous & fuel cell questions...

Bam

I'm going to get an NX wet kit for my 5.0l over the winter and want to know what all I should get with the kit? Bottle heater, pressure gauge, blowdown tube, purge, window switch, WOT switch, etc?

Can I run a combo of things, like a window switch AND a WOT switch? OR a window switch and just a button on the shifter? Ideally that's what I want, have it activated, launch first, hit 2nd, hold the button, it sprays from like 3-6kish and then shift, do it all over again, sound like a good idea?

I'm also thinking about a fuel cell, a small one, either mounted under the car or in the trunk. What size should I get, or should I even waste my money? What all extra crap would I need with one, lines, pump, etc? ????

Thanks guys

1-3 gallons?!? This is still a street driven car, albeit only nice weather but still i'd like to get 2 exits up 71 before having to stop and get gas. I was thinking at minimum a 5 gallon, or a 7/10 one.

actually we sell the nx stuff but their jets are special order. so you may want to look toward nos. those jets are instock

I've got all winter...but I was planning on buying whatever I could used, then buy the rest new. I found the plate system online, but couldn't find out if they sold them separatly.

buy it in a kit it will come with a complete set of jets

just go into jegs and ask for an nx plate nitrous kit for an efi mustang with whatever intake it has on it now..... or call ips they can order it for you

I understand that, but I'm not looking to spend a grand on nitrous. There are a few kits, will all the jets for $400ish, I'd rather buy that and then the plate if its like another $100 or so.

its not

if your going to get spray get a complete kit new in the box with all the parts, buying used will end up costing you more after all the little things nickle and dime you... if you don't believe me ask anthony how much money his "used" supercharger kit saved him after he had to procure all the missing parts....

its not

if your going to get spray get a complete kit new in the box with all the parts, buying used will end up costing you more after all the little things nickle and dime you... if you don't believe me ask anthony how much money his "used" supercharger kit saved him after he had to procure all the missing parts....

I understand that, but is this not a good deal? http://www.columbusracing.com/showthread.php?t=29926

I can probably get it between 3-400, and i highly doubt it'll be missing 500+ in parts. We'll see though, if I'm going to drop a grand, I might just looking for a blower instead. I budgeted aroudn 500 for nitrous, what's the big deal w/ the plate anyways? to be sneaky or what?

missing parts with nitrous kits are usually wiring or relays

not a big deal. you can pick the relays or correct wiring up anywhere.

the spray bar kit (not plate kit, but what dave is refering to) is a spacer thats sits between the upper and lower intake manifold, and has spray bar that runs across the runners, youll get a better mixture

a plate kit is a plate that will sit between the TB and EGR and be plumbed wiht the nitrous fittings.

but fowler spray the car with a NX shark nozzle and the nitrous hit great, its not sneaky but who cares

that kit is a good deal.. snag it up

I am wondering why you think you need a cell? Running a cell only benefits you if you are going to run slot of spray and need to bring the octane rating up on the fuel to stay out of detonation. But the rule of thumb is to NOT have a big difference in the octane rating in the primary and spray tank.

Couple this with the idea that a secondary tank will not have a gauge on it so you will have to carefully monitor the fuel level in it because if it runs dry and you spray, your motor and your wallet will not like it much.

You can pull your tank, put a second pickup in it, and run a seperate pump and regulator for it, then you have the added tuneablity of the second system without the headache of a second fuel tank, and you never need to worry about running out of fuel. If the car has enough fuel to be driven, it can be sprayed. The only way around it is a pressure switch on the fuel for the spray, so if the pressure drops, the spray shuts down. Also the cost of a second pump and tank though (running a pressure switch on either setup is a really good idea, but run it after the regulator) will push you over budget. You will need a regulator either way, because spray jets are calibrated for 6 PSI and EFI is alot more than that. So run a pressure switch after the regulator so it covers the entire system.

I know it's a common practice for racers to run two tanks. Hell I know a couple sportsman guys that run alcohol that have their primary tank in front of their radiator, so the fuel surges to the pump and not away from it on launch. But this really is one of those things that may not be a good idea on a street car. Racers will make one pass, refill the fuel tank, change the bottle and check over everything between runs. Street cars don't typically have that option.

Just my two cents.