OSU Dentistry Clinic

excell

I need to have some work done and I’m considering having it done with the dentistry clinic. I don’t have dental insurance (yet) but I have some things I just can’t wait on anymore, one of them is going to be expensive.

Has anyone ever gone there? Any good/bad stories?

I’m really not afraid of letting a student loose on my mouth. I’m sure OSU wouldn’t let any moron do the type of procedure I need done (crown).

Thank you.

I have been there quite a few times. They are pretty good about things. All the work is checked over by the teacher before, during, and after. They won't let the students mess up. And I believe almost all of the teachers have been doing dentistry for at least the last ten years. My mom has gotten a lot of work done there too.

I have had work done buy a student. I think it was just a cleaning. The VA clinic lets them work there for experiance. Just another example of the GOV using Vets to experiment with.haha. Anyway, the girl did a better job then I have ever had. As for the OSU clinic its self; I didn't go in there for my work.

i had an ex who went there after years of neglect. She said she was always pleased with the work they did, the price was really cheap too. Everytime she went back, she saw the same guy. She was asked to be some sort of volunteer for his final exam. I guess with what she had to have done she was a good candidate to be a 'test subject' for his final grade. She had to drive down to cinci for it and they paid her 500 for the weekend and of course all her work was free.

My girlfriend went to grad school at OSU and just told me that she had three wisdom teeth pulled there, and of course all of the regular cleanings and stuff. She said her grad school friends all had various work done as well and all had great experiences.

All of these comments are a relief. :)

I made an appointment for next week.

My girlfriend went to grad school at OSU and just told me that she had three wisdom teeth pulled there, and of course all of the regular cleanings and stuff. She said her grad school friends all had various work done as well and all had great experiences.

All of these comments are a relief. :)

I made an appointment for next week.

Contact info for them?

I'll do that for sure. If they help me I want to spread the word.

I'm excited to finally get this shit behind me. I just hope it's not too late for my tooth. :(

FYI, their prices are about 50% cheaper than all of the dentists I've called.

My older brother graduated from OSU Dental back in 2001. Bottom line is the school and the doctorate students don't fuck around. Great support from staff, excellent technology and procedures.

Just don't eat at the Wendy's nearby before you go. My brother used to tell me they could always tell who ate just before they come for a visit. That nasty visual haunts me to this day.

Just don't eat at the Wendy's nearby before you go. My brother used to tell me they could always tell who ate just before they come for a visit. That nasty visual haunts me to this day.

Hah, no worries. I usually don't eat before I come in for a visit like this. ;)

Lots of great feedback. Boy, what a relief. :)

I cracked a molar in half about 5 years ago. Yes, in half. They sent me to a real dentist.

yeah, that's the only thing. Sometimes when its too serious, depending on how far along some of the students are, they may send you somewhere else. They also don't always have the newest up-to-date items.

• 1 year later...
It's been a great experience. I've had a crown, 8 or so fillings and a tumor removed from under my tongue (benign). It can take a while since it's a teaching program (2-3 hours an appointment), but if you can spare the time, definitely go.