new lexus parks itself

large_x7

You have to line the front bumper up with the rear bumper of the car you are going to park behind. Then you pull forward until you line up the bumper with the middle of your car. Then you shift into reverse, using the brakes yourself as it backs up into the space, then you have to shift into forward and use the brakes yourself to center the car in the spot. The only thing you AREN'T doing is turning the steering wheel yourself.

Seriously, what use is this? How often does the average person have to parralell park anyway? By the time you get everything lined up, the person behind you is either honking at you to stop blocking the road, or is close enough to block you from reversing into the spot, or has stolen the spot while you diddled around lining up your bumpers.

Cool but absoluty pointless. Just like its 8 speed auto transmission...

This is why I would never own a new car like this, open the hood all you see is a bunch plastic covers and an oil dipstick...

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/sedans/0610_z+2007_lexus_LS460+engine.jpg

I actually flew to Chicago to drive this car for work in late Sept.I have to admit the APGS is not necessary but it is a fun toy to play around with.This car is about having everything other cars have plus more.Why do we have a 8 spd because 2 weeks earlier Mercedes announced their new 7 spd so we went one up on them.Do you need an Executive Class Seating in the back with a reclining seat with adjustable ottoman,flip down 9 inch DVD screen and a remote operated shiatsu massager?No way but people want to say they have it.This car is for the guy who has ALL the toys.Why do some people have 700hp,because their buddy had 600hp.It's not really the car I like,I'd go with the GS450h.A Hybrid that does 0-60 in about 5.2 and has more luxury than I would ever need.Oh yea,when you get some experience with the APGS it takes about 10 seconds to set it up and go and it will also back in a regular spot at the Grocery Store.