Installed a Wall Mount LCD HDTV

SpaceGhost

Just finished installing and mounting our new CableCard Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV. I had to run electric and cable in the wall behind the TV so it hides all wires. :cool: Behind the wall is our attic over the garage. I have a HDTV antenna for backup in the attic and it plugs into an cable outlet on the other side of the wall. Took me most of the evening. But it is well worth it. This is in our Bedroom.

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/HDTV1.jpg

doesnt look like you have any HD wires
A CableCard is a cable box about the size of a PCMCIA card, like you would put in a laptop. There is a slot on teh back of the TV you insert the card into. My tv supports CableCard. I think you can get a HD CableCard. Also, there are several digital channels broadcast over the air in HD. You can pull them in with regular rabbit ears and those simply connect through a regular Coxial cable. So yes, there are HD cables behind the tv. :)

A CableCard is a cable box about the size of a PCMCIA card, like you would put in a laptop. There is a slot on teh back of the TV you insert the card into. My tv supports CableCard. I think you can get a HD CableCard. Also, there are several digital channels broadcast over the air in HD. You can pull them in with regular rabbit ears and those simply connect through a regular Coxial cable. So yes, there are HD cables behind the tv. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wow charges 3.50 for the HD CableCard, No cable Box and built in tuner FTW.

Where did you get that TV? Looks like an older model. Install looks good, You could go with a little shorter lengths on the cables ;). Cablecards are nice but they have no on screen info and are channel limited, but perfect for bedroom TV's and what not.

Where did you get that TV? Looks like an older model. Install looks good, You could go with a little shorter lengths on the cables ;). Cablecards are nice but they have no on screen info and are channel limited, but perfect for bedroom TV's and what not.

Yep about 1 year old, bought new though. New sharp models do not have CableCard option on smaller HDTVs. This is perfect for the bedroom, all we care is to watch HDTV in bed. I am an old man I am in bed usually by 8-8:30.

I know, the white cable is 36 inches, I may just make shorter cables later. Couldn't find shorter.

Still looks good. Ya, cablecard seems to have vanished from almost every model selling now.

There is a reason for that...they suck.

With ANY cable card, changing channels takes forever. Most TV's don't support any sort of guide information, can't order PPV through the card, and some TV's aren't even compatiable w/ all cable card setups. And all cable cards are HD; hell, I've yet to see one installed on a TV where HD services were not on the account as well.

The only nice setup I've ever seen for a cable card was a Tivo 3 w/ dual cable card tuners. BUT, you have to pay for the Tivo service monthly, and I'm told the box itself is $800!!!!! But wi-fi transfer of movies off the box is awesome, great menus, great guide, etc.

I train my guys when doing HD installs w/ a cable card to ALWAYS bring an HD box or HD DVR with them. 90% of all customers go w/ a box once the understand the limitations of the cable card technology.

ALL I want to see is HD channels through WOW and basically 2-99 and no box. We have the DVR downstairs on our big HDTV. I know what I am getting into, my brother in law has one on his Samsung DLP. I could care less about the guide.....this is our bedroom tv.

Nice install. I mounted my 32" Sony XBR up in my loft in the same manor. I've heard nothing but great things about the Aquos, good choice. My XBR came as a promotion when we bought our new house or I probably would have gotten an Aquos as well. A friend of mine works for Progressive Audio and with all the high end stuff they sell he swears by that Sharp.

If you ever have any WOW techs out to your house, make sure they replace that store-bought cable with one of ours. You probably aren't too bad off with ingress in Westerville, as the locals are far enough away unless the cabling is really bad. But are your 13 and 65 slightly grainy/snowy? 66 have any small waves in it? If so, that cable could definately be to blame. Or you could be lucky enough for it to be fine, but I'd get after one of my techs if they knew something like that was there and didn't replace it.

If you ever have any WOW techs out to your house, make sure they replace that store-bought cable with one of ours. You probably aren't too bad off with ingress in Westerville, as the locals are far enough away unless the cabling is really bad. But are your 13 and 65 slightly grainy/snowy? 66 have any small waves in it? If so, that cable could definately be to blame. Or you could be lucky enough for it to be fine, but I'd get after one of my techs if they knew something like that was there and didn't replace it.

Not sure, I'll take another look tonight, thanks for the heads up.

Nice install. I mounted my 32" Sony XBR up in my loft in the same manor. I've heard nothing but great things about the Aquos, good choice. My XBR came as a promotion when we bought our new house or I probably would have gotten an Aquos as well. A friend of mine works for Progressive Audio and with all the high end stuff they sell he swears by that Sharp.

Sony XBRs are really nice too. When I was looking in the stores at LCD, I had a hard time making a decision between Sharp and Sony XBR. It was hard, I think they both are equal, but since sharp has more LCD generations, I went with Sharp. Enjoy.

Im saying screw the LCD for now and going with Samsung DLP. The picture is very very nice and you can get a 56'' 1080p for about 1800 right now. If anyone is considering a DLP, samsung is the only way to go! IMO Very nice install by the way. Looks good!!

Im saying screw the LCD for now and going with Samsung DLP. The picture is very very nice and you can get a 56'' 1080p for about 1800 right now. If anyone is considering a DLP, samsung is the only way to go! IMO

Kinda hard to mount a DLP on the wall right now, I bet in the near future you may be able to wall mount a DLP. ;)

Very nice install by the way. Looks good!!

Thankyou. :)