Auto Assets car sales?

Science Abuse

do they take trades? Are they knowledgeable enough not to waste my ef'ing time on trade in values for my 16v? (everyone else has offered me $2g because "it's what book value is" Book value does not rate the 16v model.)

They have an XJR that needs my sex. ;)

Yes they take trades...and they're probably the most likely of anyone in town to understand what the value of the car should be...but that still doesn't guarantee they'll offer anything more than anyone else.

They do cosignment sales as well...might be a good way to get the car a little more exposure to the right crowd.

They do cosignment sales as well...might be a good way to get the car a little more exposure to the right crowd.

Just got back, didn't see this before I left. Any idea what they're fees are?

I went to look at the XJR and offer the Benzo as trade, and also to see if they would buy the Benzo outright. As expected, they weren't willing to give what I wanted as an outright buy. This is understandable, as they are going to be trying to sell it for profit. The number made me think that, if theybought it, they would be asking about the same price as I am. Or they'd put money into it and ask even more.

I still have to think about the Jag and what I'd offer. It didn't wow me as the Benz did, though it was a fine example of an XJR. The seatbelt let go while driving, and the gas pedal needed a great amount of force to put down. Apart from a stain on the rear seatbelt and the clock not working, the interior was in good shape. Unfortunately, it was full of Brit'itude, so I didn't have time to figure out the gadgets, nevermind testing them. When you floor the gas, it appears that nothing happens. Your not put back in your seat, you don't hear much, but the speedometer climbs at a respectable rate.

I've got to do some more research into cost of ownership, and contact my bank about financing. Whatever I offer, I have to ad $2200 to close a current loan. I'd reeeally just prefer to sell the car and get something cheaper.

I never asked the cosignment rates. Most of their inventory was cosignment when they first started selling cars while the built their inventory and I think most of the cars are owned by them now so I'm not 100% sure if they're still doing cosignment or not...but as I think about it there was an S4 up there recently that was on cosignment so I'm sure they will.

I can talk to Chip or Tim and find out if you'd like.

Andy

Thanks for the help Andy. It really would be best for me to sell the car outright and get into something cheaper, they were just offering about 70% of my minimum acceptable offer. I like the XJR, but again, if that was all they were prepared to offer on the Benz, I simply can't afford it. I've got to be strict about what acceptable monthly payments are.

I'll check with my creditor about what I can do, and I also need to check with my insurer.

Impress on Chip that I'm a destitute college student/father with more then a full time job who's making 60% of what he should, and that the benz is a great car. ;)