what pisses me off!

Mattsv8

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.innovativeturbo.com/pages/cart_itemDetails.asp?sku=GTB88

Looks like im off to a really poor start. im almost double my 1500 total with just a turbo, the intercooler was another 1000. damn it. i guess mine will have to be arround 30,000 when done and 8s.

wow your way over budget. you should be able to 6s for 25k. Right desperado??!??!!!?!

not 30,000 in just motor. this is total cost est. im shure ive spent more than 30,000 already but thats on 5 engines proably 8 trannys. and diff truck configs. total cost of the 355" motor which will be very close to 1000hp/tq, will be arround 12,000. im doing a new sprag and drum in the th400 and a new converter for the turbo, and a gear change to a 3.90 gear. with the math the top speed at 7000 rpm should be very low 170s, and we will say with converter slippage proably more like 165 at 7000. thats a depending oh how much the turbo wants to overrun the tranny and converter. this new setup should be way more streetable than my current 4500 stall and 5.14 gear, with a .660 lift roller. hopefully ill be able to get it out this season. It will be street driven still not street raced. but ill be shure to race some at the track.

not 30,000 in just motor. this is total cost est. im shure ive spent more than 30,000 already but thats on 5 engines proably 8 trannys. and diff truck configs. total cost of the 355" motor which will be very close to 1000hp/tq, will be arround 12,000. im doing a new sprag and drum in the th400 and a new converter for the turbo, and a gear change to a 3.90 gear. with the math the top speed at 7000 rpm should be very low 170s, and we will say with converter slippage proably more like 165 at 7000. thats a depending oh how much the turbo wants to overrun the tranny and converter. this new setup should be way more streetable than my current 4500 stall and 5.14 gear, with a .660 lift roller. hopefully ill be able to get it out this season. It will be street driven still not street raced. but ill be shure to race some at the track.

nice setup :)

who spent 1500 to go 8s? im confused?

copied and pasted from another forum:

First off let me tell you the weather sucked, high 70s, muggy , sticky and overcast all day ... Good news was the track was hooking hard !!!!! Bad news is i hit the rev limiter on the 1 to 2 shift every pass.. With the flys out you go though first gear real fast!!

First run off the trailer ..Hit the rev limit on the one two shift..

1/8........5.82 @125.38

1/4........8.98 @ 153.88

Second run i almost got the gaurd rail .. and had to let off ...

9.06 @ 151.03

Third run....Hit the rev limiter again on the one two shift ..

1/8......5.79 @ 125.08

1/4 ...8.95 @ 153.60

Forth and last pass and i hit the friggin limiter again on the one two shift....

9.00 @ 152.67

I feel with some more seat time and not hitting the rev limiter it will go 8.80s... It hard to get the hang of a new set up when you only get 4 friggen runs in 5 hours.....

The good news is i got my 8 second pass and i did it with a stock motor ZX14 with bolts ons AND running 89 pump gas .....If some told me 5 years ago that kawi was going to build an 8 second bike with just bolt ons i would have called them crazy .... Smokin .....

Vehicle = 2006 Zx14 piped , P/C, strapped and lowered, 89 octane pump gas. 8.95@153.60

Pipe = Brocks Street Megaphone $1045.00 and comes with proper Ign/Fuel maps.

P/C = Dynojet Power Commander. $300.00

Front end strap kit = $21.95

Lowering Links = $69.95

And finally, since this is the kitchen, I dont care if it IS a bike :cool: :thumbup:

That bike is fucking sick.......

So we are talking 8s with a total investment of 13k?

ZX14 FTMFW! I want the 07 limited in white and red!

Well, to be on the safe side, consider a 158.00 dollar Shinko drag radial and one month of my insurance at 58 bucks. So yea, 13k for over 200hp at the wheel and high 8s in the 150s. :) Not bad. Plus, 42mpg and smooth as a Lexus!!

Note: the above described motorcycle is NOT my bike, but may soon be :)

People should be banned for threads and grammar like this. Sure, I could just choose not to click on threads made by people like MattsV8 or WnaPlay, but I'm curious by nature, and this shit makes my eyes bleed. You guys are lucky I'm not a moderator, the board would consist of a total of around 13 people. and maybe a few cats. Lord knows the felines would be able to convey their thoughts better than most of the people here.

-Joo talkin to me?[/tony montana voice]

No. Regardless of the frequent difference between our opinions, I can always understand what you're trying to say, and some of the time I can understand where you're coming from.

(Which is odd, considering that I'm a 6'8 Black, Jewish circus janitor from England.)