Worldwide Pandemic Flu!?!?!

98fiveseven1647545503

Where I work the owners of the company are "preparing" for this flu shit that is supposed to wipe out a good percentage of mankind!? WTF

If this is true ,am I not watching the right news, or wtf is going on?! I haven't heard of it. Another old guy i work with said a flock of chickens will take out Japan?! Ok yea maybe I am missing something!

Well Owners that are preparing, purchased 3 months worth of MRE's from an army surplus, building survival kits for their family's and are going to be prepared to hide out form humanity for 3 months or however long it takes for the infected ones to die off?!?! WTF

Was wondering if any of you guys have heard of anything going on and could point me in the right direction? Or if I am stuck under some rock that wont let me live past the pandemic!

You didn't hear that it already broke out in TimBukTu? Everyone thought it was going to start in some bird this time, but looks like it was actually a monkey. Just like that one movie and AIDS. Better get ready, it's forecast to be here in a few months... let me go find the article. I'm digging a hole in my back yard right now.

Where I work the owners of the company are "preparing" for this flu shit that is supposed to wipe out a good percentage of mankind!? WTF

If this is true ,am I not watching the right news, or wtf is going on?! I haven't heard of it. Another old guy i work with said a flock of chickens will take out Japan?! Ok yea maybe I am missing something!

Well Owners that are preparing, purchased 3 months worth of MRE's from an army surplus, building survival kits for their family's and are going to be prepared to hide out form humanity for 3 months or however long it takes for the infected ones to die off?!?! WTF

Was wondering if any of you guys have heard of anything going on and could point me in the right direction? Or if I am stuck under some rock that wont let me live past the pandemic!

yeah bird flu S keroa has a reported outbreak. not sure how this will affect us.

None of the "bird flu" H5N1 that is effecting the world right now is the "feared" version. The current version is transmitted to humans from infected birds, and is not transmitted from human to human. The fear is that this strain will evolve sometime in the near future and become human to human transmissible. It's a pretty bad bug and will be really bad if it evolves. That's why we hear about it even though it's not the "bad" version - the more humans that are infected by birds the more chance it has to evolve.

Do some googling on it.

None of the "bird flu" H5N1 that is effecting the world right now is the "feared" version. The current version is transmitted to humans from infected birds, and is not transmitted from human to human. The fear is that this strain will evolve sometime in the near future and become human to human transmissible. It's a pretty bad bug and will be really bad if it evolves. That's why we hear about it even though it's not the "bad" version - the more humans that are infected by birds the more chance it has to evolve.

Damnit, why did you have to tell them the truth.

Do some googling on it.

60% of people infected with the currect version did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H5N1

Yea I didnt think it was anything "too serious". I figured it was like sars, y2k and the seemingly endless list of world ending diseases and catastrophic entities. I thought it was humorous the owners of the company I work at are go to such extremes. To anti viral respirators and all that shit.

Yea I didnt think it was anything "too serious". I figured it was like sars, y2k and the seemingly endless list of world ending diseases and catastrophic entities. I thought it was humorous the owners of the company I work at are go to such extremes. To anti viral respirators and all that shit.

Make no mistake - it IS very serious. They are right for being prepared. If (most say when) the virus evolves, those that do not die will still be very, very sick which means that most of the working world will shut down.

It's like this. People as a population build immunity to the various bugs and viruses we come in contact with daily because they are "common". The H5N1 is not common. It's only been experienced by a very small amount of the population, mostly those in rural areas with direct contact with birds and a lack of safety or quality controls. 60%+ of people infected die. So if (when) it evolves, it will spread rapidly and infect people with extreme severity while our bodies shit themselves trying to fight it off. Those less fortunate souls with weak immune systems (children, old people, etc.) will die in droves. The rest of us will die too, but not in as great of numbers. We'll just be fucking frighteningly sick for weeks.

Let's hope if (when) it evolves, it doesn't get transferred through the air. If it's only direct contact transmittable, it will help the situation significantly. Having a girlfriend who works for the health department can be very unnerving. You would be afraid if you've heard some of things I have and how they are "preparing" for this...

I can see where it could become a big deal. If it were as deadly as they are perceiving it to be wouldn't there be more coverage from the local news and all of this? Or other major places where people associate, to help prevent such casualties and the like from happening? I mean with all the e-coli and shit, it should at least be out there right?

I would think that if the government and such were so worried and all of that it would be more public knowledge.

I can see where it could become a big deal. If it were as deadly as they are perceiving it to be wouldn't there be more coverage from the local news and all of this? Or other major places where people associate, to help prevent such casualties and the like from happening? I mean with all the e-coli and shit, it should at least be out there right?

I would think that if the government and such were so worried and all of that it would be more public knowledge.

It should be very public knowledge. Frankly, I'm surprised that you don't know about it. There was a huge knowledge push about a year ago, and there are daily news stories on the national and world level about it. Obviously, they're not going to go nuts because they don't want to cause wide-spread panic. But they certainly haven't been quiet about what's going on. State and regional health departments, law enforcement, and basic-needs services are being required to prepare for it. World governments are fighting for Tamiflu and other flu shots that are known to be "resistant" to the current version of H5N1. It's all been in the news.

It should be very public knowledge. Frankly, I'm surprised that you don't know about it. There was a huge knowledge push about a year ago, and there are daily news stories on the national and world level about it. Obviously, they're not going to go nuts because they don't want to cause wide-spread panic. But they certainly haven't been quiet about what's going on. State and regional health departments, law enforcement, and basic-needs services are being required to prepare for it. World governments are fighting for Tamiflu and other flu shots that are known to be "resistant" to the current version of H5N1. It's all been in the news.

Maybe I have actually been under a fucking rock for a little while lol... google is my friend for now thanks chris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H5N1 <--- interesting read

There is a mutation in human DNA called ccr5-delta32, this gene during the black plague made some people able to contract the plague but not die of it, they were the people able to remove bodies, care for terminally ill people, ect. Their body was able to fight it. Aids is very similar and these same people that have this Delta32 mutation in their DNA are supposed to be able to fight off AIDS also. They traced this mutation in England in a small village where the descendants have lived for many centuries and the gene pool is almost the same as back then. I saw all this on a show on PBS. So most likely we will not be wiped out, some will be immune and will carry on. However the kicker is that both parents have to have this ccr5-delta32 gene to pass it on to children. Back then in 1347-1350 this mutation was high because of the deaths of nearly 1/4 to 1/3 of the population of europeans. American Indians and African, and east asians do not carry it at all.

http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf119/sf119p05.htm

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=10

Do a search for: ccr5-delta 32

I thought it was humorous the owners of the company I work at are go to such extremes. To anti viral respirators and all that shit.

They're BoyScouts - Motto: "Always be Prepared"

Honestly, I have never been the type to run out and buy things to prepare for these "The End is Near" kind of things... but if something ever did go down, I guess I'd feel dumb for not being at least somewhat ready.

Also, I can't afford to stockpile MREs and respirators in my underground bunker - so in the event of a catastrophe, I am probably ass-out anyway.

In the event of an emergency, I will go to a local high end dealership, "borrow" a car, and 270 will probably be empty.

I know how I am going out.

with any luck you will die, not get paralyzed and left for dead.

zombies?!?! seriously?!?!?

better go get some more ammo

Those less fortunate souls with weak immune systems (children, old people, etc.) will die in droves. The rest of us will die too, but not in as great of numbers. We'll just be fucking frighteningly sick for weeks.

Its kinda interesting, if you look at the fatality curves for most "flu" strains they look exactly like you suggested (ie the young and old die), but if you look at some of the most deadliest strains the curve is the exact opposite. Those with strong immune systems died. Since these are deep respiratory infections, it was suggested that the immune system was actually destroying too much of the lung tissue in the process of fighting the infection and killing people...