Need help with 5.0L, not wanting to start.

Stampede

Well I swapped engines, after the first one broke the crank, block,timing chain cover, bent two rods. I swapped the AOD out for a T-5. All I did was pull the old engine and trans, restalled an other 86 GT engine into my 86 GT, and now it will not start. I have spark, fuel pressure is at 38 psi, after priming, but after I try to start it, the fuel pump will prime again. It will fire once or twice from may be one or two cyclinders, that's it, sometimes. If I spray carb cleaner down the intake it will fire all of the cyclinders. The motor I put in ran great about 4yrs ago when I pulled it, it's be on the engine stand ever since, could the fuel pressure regulator be bad, from sitting dry this whole time. On the wiring harness is from the new engine, just reconnected the two plugs. How can I till if the Injectors are firing? And what else to look for?

Thanks.

Double check timing and firing order. Clean the two plugs (the "salt and pepper" connectors) really well. Checking the fuel pressure is the next step, generally if there isnt fuel coming from the vaccum port on the regulator it is OK, but thats pretty easy to check.

Rob

you can see if the injecors are working by feeling them click or using a screw driver to you ear and lissen to them. also check with a noid light or a test light. i don't know much stangs but are the wire harnesses the same between manual and automatic?