Wifes wheel got owned by a pothole...

V8 Beast

I'm not sure exactly where it happened, but it was somewhere by the Walmart in Hilliard. Here's the carnage....

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/0000000001.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/000000000000001.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/0000000000000000001.jpg

She is now sporting a pretty doughnut until we can get into discount tire. Does anyone have some glue :rolleyes:

Ouch! Man, that was either one hell of a pothole and/or she was hauling ass.

I remember when I was a kid my mother was real sick and wanted me to run to the store for her. I jumped in her car and was hauling ass down this little back road and hit a pothole. By the time I got to the store a couple minutes later, the tire was flat because the rim had bent. Borrowed a sledge hammer from some stranger who lived near the store and banged the rim back and aired the tire. She never knew. Thank goodness as the folks were 'beaters', so to speak. lol

Is that a stock rim or a set of aftermarkets?

LOL!!! Its her car, I got it for her for her birthday last year. As far as the rim it starts with a z... zetinelli or something like that. I think its a 40. And she hit that same pothole you are talking about BC. Discount tire is going to take care of us. Now I need to figure out how to change the date on my phone, it reads corectly on the front screen, but not on the pics. (VZW6700) :D

NO WAY was that a pothole. I could see it bent or something but that is a MASSIVE IMPACT. I'd check the suspension and under the car. If it hit hard enough to do that to a wheel then more shit is bent/broken/damaged/etc...

I'd really be interested to know what did that! I don't even think a curb could cause that without breaking something on the suspension.... :(

Dude, we have too much in common. Same name, same job, our wives hit the same hole. Oh...but your black and I'm white...I'm big your little. lol hahaaha! The Maxima has factory 18's with 245/45's...I'm going to go have a closer look.

I'm black :confused: LOL!!!!

I checked the suspension, and the under carriage to make sure there was no damage. There was only a scratch on the arm. I think the rim cracked previously and somehow caught the edge of a pothole and finished the job.

Cracked prior or not I still don't see how it would cause that much damage to a wheel...sorry I just don't see it.... :confused:

You guys are pretty lucky if nothing else is bent, cracked, etc... Have you checked the alignment?

I'd call the wheel manufactor and see what they say. If in fact something like that was caused from a "POTHOLE" I sure as hell wouldn't be using any of those wheels on any car of mine again.... :nono:

Cracked prior or not I still don't see how it would cause that much damage to a wheel...sorry I just don't see it.... :confused:

You guys are pretty lucky if nothing else is bent, cracked, etc... Have you checked the alignment?

I'd call the wheel manufactor and see what they say. If in fact something like that was caused from a "POTHOLE" I sure as hell wouldn't be using any of those wheels on any car of mine again.... :nono:

I'm selling the wheels as soon as I get the replacement. It appears that wheel has been discontinued (I wonder why). Everything is fine with the car. I checked the alignment, suspension, all the lines, and looked for cosmetic damage. Luckily it all checked out. She said she was turning, and the car jerked back real hard and spun the rubber loose from the wheel. No big blow out or anything, just a hard jerk and the rubber was hanging halfway off on one side.... I honestly cant make any since of it. From looking at the wheel I know it snagged something and was ripped off by the momentum of the car. My question is how in the hell did it snag a rim through the tire in the first place :confused: