Bought a new car today *PIC*

copperhead

Spaceghost, I'll probably be picking your brain about this thing. I need a clutch, no idea what to get, and I need it now. Fucker slips every time the turbo spools, tomorrow I'm getting a ride to pick up my dad's truck so I'll have something else to drive in case the clutch smokes itself before I can start working on it.

Anyway, it's a 2003 WRX, 95,000 miles. Looks to have had some sort of suspension work as I'm pretty sure its been lowered, BOV, otherwise I think it is stock.

I got this thing for a steal, only $4500 plus my negative equity for trading in the truck. The reason for that price is that the body is shit. It needs: front bumper cover, front passenger fender, both passenger doors, and has hail damage on the roof, hood, trunk, and rear passenger quarter, so if anyone knows where I can pick up stock parts cheap I would appreciate it.

The clutch engages so late you feel like you're riding it forever. I didn't really get on it, but it didn't slip for me. My thought was it was either after market or going out. I thought it was after market, but that thing is way soft to push in. I just wish I had room for a 3rd car and wasn't looking at buying a house. Glad to see the car on here.

Spaceghost, I'll probably be picking your brain about this thing. I need a clutch, no idea what to get, and I need it now. Fucker slips every time the turbo spools, tomorrow I'm getting a ride to pick up my dad's truck so I'll have something else to drive in case the clutch smokes itself before I can start working on it.

Anyway, it's a 2003 WRX, 95,000 miles. Looks to have had some sort of suspension work as I'm pretty sure its been lowered, BOV, otherwise I think it is stock.

I got this thing for a steal, only $4500 plus my negative equity for trading in the truck. The reason for that price is that the body is shit. It needs: front bumper cover, front passenger fender, both passenger doors, and has hail damage on the roof, hood, trunk, and rear passenger quarter, so if anyone knows where I can pick up stock parts cheap I would appreciate it.

:eek:

Wow that is incredible! I'll PM you with my number, I'm sure you have a few questions and that could turn into a lot of typing and I type Sloooooow. I would be glad to pass on some knowlege. As for the clutch if you are going to mod this thing go aftermarket, but beware you make the clutch stronger it puts more strain on the tranny. However if you don't abuse it the tranny will hold up fine. I would be able to tell more if I could see the car.

As far as OEM parts to start looking for:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/index.php

As far as learning about the car:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

That is unabomers FAQ it should answer almost any question you could possibly have and the first post has links to what ever topic you want to read about so it is very organized.

As far as quality aftermarket parts I really like Cobb they do their own R&D and have been around for a long time.

http://www.cobbtuning.com

Mike, for that price I say fuck the thing. Put a clutch in it, make sure none of the spots are going to cause issues down the road (i.e. rust), keep up on regular maintenance and drive it until it dies.

Second!

It looks pretty shitty the way it sits, I'd really like to do the body work. I already got a compliment on the car from an ugly girl at steak and shake, so I might as well try do better with it, in more ways than one.

Spaceghost, I'll probably call you in a few if you aren't busy working or anything like that.

'03 trannies ftl, that's why I got an '04 in my car.

That's still one hell of a deal for a 2000+, you can't even get a running 2.5RS for that price. btw why did you sell your truck? I thought you loved that thing?

Yeah, I did love that thing, best vehicle I have ever owned hands down. Hated the payments and gas usage though. I estimate that I will save around $300 a month from trading it on this car, even with me being upside down on the truck as bad as I am.