A little bit of snow = end of the world.....

Nitrousbird

Isn't it true that salt doesn't really do shit unless it's at some certain temp? Spreading salt at near 0 temps won't do shit?

Salt raises the boiling and lowers freezing point of water.

As for the freezing point. The point of the salt is to force water to freeze at a much lower point. It will still freeze, you just have to lower it below the normal, 32*, freezing point.

...The more you know......

*Edit- Thanks to LJ for the corrected info. :cool:

Salt lowers the boiling and freezing point of water.

i.e. That's why you put salt in your water to make it boil faster. Though, this really doesn't make sense to me, since you're trying to achieve a certain temp, usually 212*, to cook something. So, lowering that temp for the sake of boiling, is kinda backwards.

As for the freezing point. The point of the salt is to force water to freeze at a much lower point. It will still freeze, you just have to lower it below the normal, 32*, freezing point.

...The more you know......

Actually salt makes water boil at a higher temp

look it up, salt raises the boiling point of water. That is why you put salt in water, not to make it boil faster, but to boil hotter to cook faster

Just looked it up. You're right. All these years I thought it lowered the boiling point, which is why the cooking standpoint didn't make much sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Boo hoo. College doesn't close so get used to it.

maybe schools around here dont. my g/fs sister goes to wright state in dayton and they got 4" today, expecting 9 by tomorrow...they already cancelled school

i would be ecstatic if somehow franklin county got to a level 3, and i could have the day off work

Most people tonight were moving along ok, though some bitch on Reed rd decided I was going to fast and she needed 2 lanes and blocked me, I still went around her.

Why do people feel the need to try and force theirway of thinking on someone else? It's dangerous to do in this type of situation.

I hate that....I had the pleasure of I 270 Westbound with folks driving in two lanes not knowing where the lines were since they were covered, then when they figured it out, they simply drifted over cutting others off. If I was in my company car, there would be a nice BMW in a ditch right now with a Saturn Emblem stuck in it. :mad:

Most people tonight were moving along ok, though some bitch on Reed rd decided I was going to fast and she needed 2 lanes and blocked me, I still went around her.

Why do people feel the need to try and force theirway of thinking on someone else? It's dangerous to do in this type of situation.

Ohio Dominican and Capitol called the day off I think. One of my professors at CS told me that in the 20 years he's worked there, there's only been 2 days called off because of winter emergencies.

The local schools if anything, are only on a delay right now, so I doubt the colleges will call off any classes

It was either last night or the previous that it said on the news that OD and Capitol called off pm classes. I could care less if they call classes off or not, if I don't feel like driving in a lot of traffic, I just won't go to class.

It was either last night or the previous that it said on the news that OD and Capitol called off pm classes. I could care less if they call classes off or not, if I don't feel like driving in a lot of traffic, I just won't go to class.

I think Capital just cancelled sporting events tonight

I am tied with Dover...

Rt 23 just north of the 270s...

to...

Frank Rd Grove Tucky

2 FUCKING hours and 5mins.

0 Accidents.. left my door at 3:45 BEFORE rush hour. I mean seriously what.THE.fuck???

People in Columbus seriously can NOT drive in the snow. PERIOD.

Didn't see one accident last night on my way home yet we were going 5 mph on 33. Was kinda neat, I kept it in second gear and didn't have to hit the brake OR the gas, the car was just barely staying alive and I was keeping up with traffic!

This morning I decided to be a badass and make my way through the traffic. Come on... the roads are CLEAR!

Yeah.. no snow, but the roads are iced up. I was on 270 from Gahanna to Polaris by easton and hit the brakes and the ass end of the car started to slide. The road looked perfectly fine too.

It was funny to see a SHITLOAD of ruts in the median from the cars that spun out. There was a Mustang on the shoulder that looked like it banged the guard rail pretty damn bad though.

Edit - Called off Gahanna and just about all the kiddie schools too. again.

Last night I left work in Dublin, right off 161, at 5:20. Got home, near Polaris, at 7. A normal 20 minute drive with traffic turned into 1hr 40 mins. And while I am driving home, my friend calls me with tickets to the Bluejackets game. So we left a little after 7, got down town a little after 8. Missed the first period and the very beginning of the 2nd. Crappy game to go to anyways.

I still see Semi trucks passing cars on the highway.. *sigh* there is no f'n snow on the highway today.

Trucks also weigh in at 40tons loaded and fairly narrow tires for their size which helps a lot, I know I've driven them in this shit. At least people were trying to be cautious for the most part.

I saw 2 S2000's and a Mustang hopelessly spinning their tires trying to go somewhere and nothing coming of it.