1977 Beachcomber Airplane for sale

magifesq

I'm helping a friend sell his stuff to move to florida for good.

He's put 60k into the plane including 6k in parts, accessories, installation within the last 12 months. He's got about 60k in the plane and taking a big hit @ 43k, contact me for pics & details.

I think I'm probably the only person on this board with a pilots license.. I may be wrong though. His best best is to advertise it at all the local airfields in Ohio as well as the airplane trader magazine.

Post some pics and details of the plane.

I think I'm probably the only person on this board with a pilots license.. I may be wrong though. His best best is to advertise it at all the local airfields in Ohio as well as the airplane trader magazine.

How/Where do you go about getting said pilots license? I always wanted to do that. I know they have an airfield near OSU campus, yes?

How/Where do you go about getting said pilots license? I always wanted to do that. I know they have an airfield near OSU campus, yes?

Many small airports have flight training. Just give them a call and get started. Im personally a fan of Bolton field which is where I rent from and do my recurrent training as well as Instrument training. I got my pilots license years ago when I still lived in Dayton. I started out flying from a grass airstrip in tailwheel airplanes with no electrical system. I loved it. Yeah we used to have to handprop the airplane to start it.

I have flown:

Cessna 150

Cessna 172

Tailercraft

J3 piper Cub

Aeronca Champ

Decathalon (Aerobatic training)

Citabria (Aerobatic training)

The 2 below were friends of mine when I lived in dayton and I was lucky enough to get up in both of them.

Waco RNF Biplane (early 1900's)

6539.jpg

Waco Cabin Biplane (early 1900's)

1522.jpg

I also have a pretty good pic of my buddy mike and I after we got done flying a Waco UPF (I think that was the model) as well as some video of us doing aerobatics in it. I will upload the vid and get the pics later.

Probably the only hobby that's more expensive than roadracing motorcycles.

Takes some serious beans to be a recreational pilot.

Yes it does and it is one of those hobbies where you can continously learn and gain more ratings and experience... Assuming you have the money to do it.

Yes it does and it is one of those hobbies where you can continously learn and gain more ratings and experience... Assuming you have the money to do it.

Key word here is MONEY!

I looked into it this summer. Since I was taking some time away from roadracing, I thought it might be fun to give it a shot.

After I found out how much it would cost, I figured I'd spend LESS money trying to field an AMA Superbike Team.

Needless to say, I'm not doing either one :D

here's pix quite nice

Does he hanger it at Bolton field? and by the way, pics really dont mean anything when trying to sell an airplane. There are soo many things that need accounted for, its rediculous.

I hate to say it but Im 99% sure you wont have any luck selling it on this site.

The outside of the plane looks nice though.

If you want to get your license go to Capital City Aviation at OSU field. Nice mixture of planes, and pilots. where do you fly out of flounder?

Bolton field... Much, Much cheaper then OSU and the tower workers at OSU used to have a tendency to be a pain in the arse.... At least they used to. I havent landed there or entered their airspace for quite some time just because of that reason