place to go on vacation at the end of March

smokin5s

ok, so the old lady and I are looking to go on vacation at the end of March... I'm looking to pop the question either while on vacation or right before hand... so it needs to be somewhere fairly romantic... any ideas on where to go? It being spring break time, I would like to avoid most of those areas. Unfortunately, this is the only time that she can get off of work to go.

1) Rent a cabin in Gatlinburg, TN - hot tubs, nice scenery, not too far

2) Las Vegas - more entertainment options, see the Grand Canyon

3) Sarasota Florida - Siesta Key-beautiful white sand beaches-not too much spring break activity - decent flights into Tampa usually, then about an hour drive south.

Just depends on your tastes...

hmmm....$1,500 is tight.....how about NYC ? Plenty to do of just about everything. I drive there all the time so 3 tanks of gas should save on flights and leave more money for fun. Just a quick thought.....

ok, so the old lady and I are looking to go on vacation at the end of March... I'm looking to pop the question either while on vacation or right before hand... so it needs to be somewhere fairly romantic... any ideas on where to go? It being spring break time, I would like to avoid most of those areas. Unfortunately, this is the only time that she can get off of work to go.

neither one of us gamble... we were thinking about vegas... go to the grand canyon, maybe catch a few shows... ride the gondallas... do a few things like that.

Oh ok. So not like the "vegas party scene". Well, I guess it depends what you're into. I spent 5 minutes at the Grand Canyon and was ready to go. It was like "Wow, cool hole." Couple pictures. Let's roll.

Old Lady and Romantic in the same senten...er...quest...er.....paragra...er...statement! BRILLIANT!

+1 for a getaway in the hills. Bed and breakfast?

A group of us are heading down to Gattlinburg, TN for a week mid-April. It is an easy $1,500 per couple trip. There are a lot neat places to go to and stuff if you are both into nature and stuff. I think our cabin came to a little over $650 for a 4 person cabin with hot tub.

That's a pretty small amount of money to fly to somewhere with two people and stay. Check for Sandals in Jamaica. Just a quick check without any "working the system" you are looking at $2600 to jamaica for those dates. Make it shorter and it is less.

With sandals, EVERYTHING is included including tips. FREE BOOZE, ALL YOU CAN DRINK (I drank absolute the whole time I was there, she drank Jack n Coke)

http://www.sandals.com

I think you gotta have a passport now....

ya, I know it's a tight budget, but what can ya do.. That's what I have to work with, so that's what I have to do. I like the idea of maybe a 3 day cruise or something... and make a road trip out of it.. go and see different places and just relax...

The Gatlenburg might be a good idea as well... do you have any more info on where you are staying, etc...?

Thanks!

I asked my wife to marry me at the outer banks. It was really nice and romantic, plus march is in there "off season" and its pretty quite. Also there is a huge 40-50ish mile stretch of beach between the kill devil hills area and ocracoke. which you can walk down even in there busy season and be by yourselves most of the time. and there are a lot of really good restaurants down there.

I asked my wife to marry me at the outer banks. It was really nice and romantic, plus march is in there "off season" and its pretty quite. Also there is a huge 40-50ish mile stretch of beach between the kill devil hills area and ocracoke. which you can walk down even in there busy season and be by yourselves most of the time. and there are a lot of really good restaurants down there.

where's that?

If you have the free time to drive and a camper I would suggest camping in Yellowstone Park. Last time I went to yellowstone was in the summer time and I was camping in a tent. It got cold at night though, real cold. But it is freaking beautiful out there. Great place to propose if you like nature. I spent a week there. So much fun.