What to get?

TheHaze

I sold my 240 and I'm looking to get a car here pretty soon. I'm looking in the 15k range and possibly a little higher if I can talk them down. I want a 2 seater or a coupe but I'm having trouble coming up with some ideas. I will be doing autox with whatever I get. Also, I'm tired of dealing with older cars so I want a newer one unless I can find an older one with few miles and owned by an old man. So far I've looked at:

1st gen Miata

2nd gen Miata

s2000

s14 240sx

Mini Cooper

I need some ideas of some other cars out there that are good for daily use and can have some fun with.

A wrx wouldn't really suit me, I don't think. I like smaller, lighter cars. Also, I'm not looking to leadfoot the gas in a stright line, I just want an agile car and I don't want it beat to death and previously raced alot, as this will be driven around in spring/summer as a daily.

Out of the ones you listed, definitely the S2000. You'll probably have to find an older one as they generally hold their value well. Damn Hondas. Have you ever driven a MR-S (MR-2 Spyder)? Best friend has one. Freakin adult go Kart. His now has a 2zz swap with a few mods. Even more fun. Mid 13's car on rails plus you can't beat the fun of mid engine, rear wheel.

Hate to sound biased, by I think an MR2 is a good choice. If you get an AW11, the car is pretty easy to work on. The number of things you can do with the engine is almost limitless. Depending on what you mood you are in, you can go with a different 16v variant or a SC'ed one, you can swap in a 20v of some type (direct bolt in, and the harness adapter is only 200 bucks), or you can get a 3S-GTE, or a Toyota V6 of some kind.

You might be able to pick up an S2000 for in your range, they are phenomenal cars at autox as I will be exploring that this year. You can't go wrong with a miata but they're as rare as civic's at autox. A 2nd gen MR2 that is n/a would be the better choice for autox over the turbo car as they are better balanced. Mini?? Not my thing but if you like them.....

A newer 240 would be good but why the hell did you sell your current one??

The buckeye miata club has autox's 1 time a month at the Ohio Historical Building , and all are welcome.

I would go with the c5 vette or a mini cooper s . Thoes might be pushing the price limit.

Why not build a Porsche 550 spyder? You will be right around that price, and think how cool you will look.

No Corvettes, they're just not for me. I'd like an s2000 and I've found a couple of the earlier ones for around what I'm looking for. The reason I sold my 240 is because I want a newer car with less miles, so that also pushes the older mr2s out of the question. I think the only older car I'd buy is a 1st gen Miata as long as it's pristine.