Anyone know anything about furnaces?

Hey guys I need help. Here is the deal. Our gas furnace will come on, get the house to tempeture and shut off. Once it gets cold again, the furnace will come on, but will not ignite. It runs, but just circulates the cold air within the house. Once I shut it off and turn it back on at the thermostat it comes right back on with the heat. It isn't flashing any error codes. It is a 10 year old Trane, if that helps. This problem is very on and off.

thanks in advance,

Tom

Ours did the same thing last year.. The burner wouldn't start even though the fan would.. My dad is an HVAC tech so he fixed it, I'll give him a call and see what he replaced.

When it tries to ignite again, it doesn't blink with any codes?

Also, make sure your outlet/inlet pipes are clear on the outside of your house.

and when did it start?

I had an HVAC guy tell me to always leave the fan on to keep the house circulating and keep the air mixed. It has really removed cold rooms from my house.

I wonder if your pilot thermocouple has failed since powercycling the starting circuitry helps.

That's true....FTW if you have a variable speed fan. They really keep the energy costs quite low and are also much quieter.

I had an HVAC guy tell me to always leave the fan on to keep the house circulating and keep the air mixed. It has really removed cold rooms from my house.

I wonder if your pilot thermocouple has failed since powercycling the starting circuitry helps.