Need Review on Saturn

PonyPimpstress1647545491

I have a friend that is looking in to buying a SUV. She has been able to do research and obtain reviews from someone at Honda and is wanting to know a little about the VUE. She's never owned a Saturn and doesn't know anyone that has one. Can anyone give a good review (positives and negatives) about Saturn as a compan and/or the Saturn Vue? Aparently the Vue has a Honda engine?

Help,

Jenn

Just got ride of my 04 with 54k miles on it. Honda 3.5l V6. Strong as hell motor that will run forever. Wish I could have swapped it with my new 07 company car I just picked up...weak as Chrysler motor.

Personally, if the buyout on it (old company car) was lower than the $9,500 they wanted, I would have likely bought it. However, I didn't love the truck, but it was mine since new so I knew it inside and out.

Motor never missed a beat and I did all the regularly scheduled maint. on it and it checked out 100%. I did have to put a front bearing on it, new shocks, some minor front end work, new tires of course and new brakes all around. The stockers did warp at around 15k.

IMO, the above is normal to average GM stuff. Body wise, it was tight and looked great on the outside. Inside, more than average number of GM Squeaks and creaks. I got used to them, but wouldn't want it on my personal car if I bought one. Driver side heated seat failed but was a simple fix from the dealer.

Handled great on the road. Mine was FWD not AWD, but still handled in turns and what not very good. It's still much taller than a minivan or car, so in deep snow, she still pulled like a champ....and I had her in some deep stuff too.

Overall a little small, but it fit our family of four in just fine.

I have a friend that is looking in to buying a SUV. She has been able to do research and obtain reviews from someone at Honda and is wanting to know a little about the VUE. She's never owned a Saturn and doesn't know anyone that has one. Can anyone give a good review (positives and negatives) about Saturn as a compan and/or the Saturn Vue? Aparently the Vue has a Honda engine?

Help,

Jenn

I know a few people that have them. Jen, one of my friends that's coming in today has an I4 FWD model, so if you come out, you can ask him how he's liked his. He has had it since the end of College for me, so that's been about 3 years now. AFAIK he doesn't love it, but it's reliable transportation. I'm sure he's had it in the shop, but I've never heard about it so I'm sure it hasn't been anything major. I've ridden in his enough to tell you that I'd never buy one, but there aren't many SUV's I would. I'm just not an SUV fan so it takes a lot for me to like one. I can also say I can't find too many faults for the price.

AFAIK he doesn't love it, but it's reliable transportation. I can also say I can't find too many faults for the price.

avoid VTI Vue's if possible.. but yes, the v6 awd models came with the Honda drivetrain and etc.

Quoted for truth. Jenn, you know I was a service manager for Saturn for 9 years. I drove dozens of these as demos. It's not a luxury vehicle like a Ex-cal-aide, but it'll get you there and back. The only negative thing that still sticks in my head was that the Honda engine equipped ones had enough torque steer that you'd better hold on to the steering wheel when taking off from a light.

My g/f has a SL2 which is the 4 dr sedan and she seems to like it, it gets good gas mileage and is relatively trouble free. A lady I work with has a Vue and she seems to like it and doesn't really have any complaints about it. I'd definitely get the V6 though as it is a Honda drive train and you can't go wrong there.

Thanks for the review guys! Mike, I know you worked there for a long while. I'm asking for my friend Amy (the one I go to lizards with). Jesse, give me a call about tonight. I asked Amy and Jessica if they wanted to come, just waiting for the plans!

~Jenn

p.s. forgot to log out of my bro's name