Gauging Interest: Mid Ohio Track Day

schmuckingham

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can talk to Monte about a discount, but I doubt that can happen. Reason being has been stated that we are usually no less than 90% on our fill rate for Mid-Ohio. That's the lowest.

The point is that the track costs a set amount and we need to hit that mark. However, the track is one of the best in the country and it is sought after for riders every event. Makes a discount tough to come by.

But, I will try and pitch it in a manner that may be beneficial to STT and future customers.

I'd say what you all need to do is set a date when we finalize a schedule (still setting schedules with tracks right now) around Jan 1, 2009 to where it works for a HUGE group of you all.

We are also going to be doing more weekend events per request. Realize that weekend events are more money... Track rental is typically double of what the weekday events are.

In the end, realize that even if you all get a HUGE group together, you all may not be able to ride together. Reason being is that we know that a lot of friends all want to ride in the same group, but 2 are Advanced level, 2 are Intermediate level and 1 is Novice level (all examples) and they ALL want to ride together in the Advanced group or Intermediate group.

One, you'll end up only riding with your self due to not being as good as the others in your group or you may be faster and bored out of your skull. We will also move people around if need be.

Not being a party pooper here - I just want to make sure all the ducks are in a row and nothing is a surprise when time comes.

I think this is a great idea and would encourage you all to do a two day event as the second day is so much more fun. The butterflies are out of your system and you are riding more relaxed and having more of a great time...

By the way, I'm in. Well, I'm always in...

Oh, and don't overlook Blue Grass. It's going to be KILLER!

Senior Flounder and myself have been tossing around the idea of having a Mid Ohio track day event with a bunch of people from OR going. We know not everyone cna run the same class but at least we could have a bunch of us around for fun and support. It wouldnt happen until next year so we need to start planning this now and getting everyones schedules cleared for it so no one has any excuses not to go.

I'm game but I don't have a trailor yet. I have a trailor hitch on the back of my suv but no hitch. :confused:

i will no doubt be doing mid ohio and putnam. i'm planning on trying out bluegrass and gratton or beaverun. so yes i'd be in just so long as i would not have some other commitment i could not get out of. i do believe bluegrass has already commited to easter weekend, april 11th and 12th to STT. that would be a good season opener. traveling south would increase potential for warmer weather. however rain is often in the forecast that time of the year.

I doubt the discount as well as many of the days sell out anyway. The one thing I will say is that I think it will make most sense to make it a sat or sunday event to avoid people having to take off work.

Thank YOU!!! I only have 16 days of vacation this year and they are all being used for scuba! ANY weekend is fine for me!!!!

i will no doubt be doing mid ohio and putnam. i'm planning on trying out bluegrass and gratton or beaverun. so yes i'd be in just so long as i would not have some other commitment i could not get out of. i do believe bluegrass has already commited to easter weekend, april 11th and 12th to STT. that would be a good season opener. traveling south would increase potential for warmer weather. however rain is often in the forecast that time of the year.

I will be there for the weekend in bluegrass hopefully, along with some of the regulars from here hopefully.

im in, just waiting on the date. also never raced on track before and would need help on what needs to be done to the bike to be track ready

I'd start another thread asking as it will keep it fresh in the minds of others. If not, PM me your email and we can discuss.

I can talk to Monte about a discount, but I doubt that can happen. Reason being has been stated that we are usually no less than 90% on our fill rate for Mid-Ohio. That's the lowest.

The point is that the track costs a set amount and we need to hit that mark. However, the track is one of the best in the country and it is sought after for riders every event. Makes a discount tough to come by.

But, I will try and pitch it in a manner that may be beneficial to STT and future customers.

I'd say what you all need to do is set a date when we finalize a schedule (still setting schedules with tracks right now) around Jan 1, 2009 to where it works for a HUGE group of you all.

We are also going to be doing more weekend events per request. Realize that weekend events are more money... Track rental is typically double of what the weekday events are.

In the end, realize that even if you all get a HUGE group together, you all may not be able to ride together. Reason being is that we know that a lot of friends all want to ride in the same group, but 2 are Advanced level, 2 are Intermediate level and 1 is Novice level (all examples) and they ALL want to ride together in the Advanced group or Intermediate group.

One, you'll end up only riding with your self due to not being as good as the others in your group or you may be faster and bored out of your skull. We will also move people around if need be.

Not being a party pooper here - I just want to make sure all the ducks are in a row and nothing is a surprise when time comes.

I think this is a great idea and would encourage you all to do a two day event as the second day is so much more fun. The butterflies are out of your system and you are riding more relaxed and having more of a great time...

By the way, I'm in. Well, I'm always in...

Oh, and don't overlook Blue Grass. It's going to be KILLER!

In an extended post, thats what i said