Gauging Interest: Mid Ohio Track Day

schmuckingham

I'm down for this also. From looking at prices earlier this year, this might help some people figure out if they can go. Though, I'm sure prices are subject to change for next year.

1 Day event - $195

2 Day event - $375 Must book 2 day event on same order to qualify for 2 day discount.

If this appears to be moving forward next year, we could also have people post on where they think their experiance level will be for riding (novice, experianced, advanced)so they know who they will be riding around/know.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike Preparation

All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike DOES NOT pass tech inspection, you will NOT receive a refund.

Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 75 percent of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. Slicks are allowed in 85 percent plus condition. We will have on site tire service at each track day, so if your tires don't pass, you will have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech.

All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups.

We recommend, but do not require removal of center stands. No bikes with center stands will be allowed in the Advanced/Racer Group due to the ground clearance issue.

All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.

Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED.

-All valve stems must have caps.

-Wheel balance weights must be well-secured.

-License plates must have bolts taped or be removed

-No Fur Allowed.

Rider Gear Requirements

Damage free DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.

Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.

Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage.

One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for intermediate or advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group only provided they are either one piece or zip together with at least 50zipper contact with reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.

Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST WEAR A BACK PROTECTOR.

Soft back pads sewn into suits are not enough. We sell Bohn back protectors at special STT member discounts. We can arrange to deliver your new back protector to you the day of your event or ship it to you home. We will have a limited number (6-10 per event) of back protectors for rent. No back protector = no track time!

Cancellations

Refunds will be given only if a cancellation request is received 31 days or more in advance, in writing (email, fax or letter). If you paid via credit card we will deduct a 15 percent processing fee from your refund amount. Cancellations made between 30 and 15 days prior to an event will be granted credit for another track date useable within 1 year from the date of the event (credits can only be transfered one time). No cancellations will be accepted 14 days or less prior to an event. If you want to change your track day to another track day prior to the date of your scheduled track day there is a $50 administrative fee for this track day change. You may not reschedule within 14 days on an event. Sessions will be held rain or shine.

Edited by SJC600rr

-All valve stems must have caps.

-Wheel balance weights must be well-secured.

-License plates must have bolts taped or be removed

-No Fur Allowed.

:D fur....??? really? i was planning on making a pimpin fur seat for the rr but i guess i will have to hold off on that thought for a while.

LoL!!

Though this is still way way early, has anyone though of places to stay for those that don't want to drive to and fro the same day? Maybe a group discount at a hotel for a night or two and that makes good meeting/starting place other then the track.

I know several people have stayed up there either for Races or track days, so personal experiance is always helpful.

Edited by SJC600rr

Ananda...I thought u just did a track day. Did u rent ur leathers? I got my leathers, boots, etc 2 years ago. ALL closeout at pony. I only need to get a back protector now. Do you ever look at the closeout gear? It's only the track not like we need to look cute. ;) Besides with my lack of corning skills I'm gonna look like an absolute fool my first time!!!:D

Yeah, I rented my leathers from STT for the first track day. I actually have been back to the closeout section at the Pony every time I go there and I just don't see anything that works for me. I thought I had a 2 pc a few weekends agobut when I was sitting in it, there wasn't enough room throught the back b/c of my height. I hate to go w/ men's leathers cause I"m so self-conscious anyway, but it looks like that's the route I'm going to have to take.....

Yeah, I rented my leathers from STT for the first track day. I actually have been back to the closeout section at the Pony every time I go there and I just don't see anything that works for me. I thought I had a 2 pc a few weekends agobut when I was sitting in it, there wasn't enough room throught the back b/c of my height. I hate to go w/ men's leathers cause I"m so self-conscious anyway, but it looks like that's the route I'm going to have to take.....

A Stars Stella 1 OR 2 piece FTW!

For what it's worth my leathers are not too good looking either, but they were $99 on ebay. I got them over a year ago. I have only used them for one track day, so I figure untill I am a track junkie the ugly leathers do just fine.

Don't feel bad about having to wear men's leathers....they aren't that much different looking at 100+ miles per hour anyways.

LoL!!

Though this is still way way early, has anyone though of places to stay for those that don't want to drive to and fro the same day? Maybe a group discount at a hotel for a night or two and that makes good meeting/starting place other then the track.

I know several people have stayed up there either for Races or track days, so personal experiance is always helpful.

Camping is always cheap and super fun... :)

A Stars Stella 1 OR 2 piece FTW!

Like I said, I'm super tall so I'm nervous to order it knowing that it may or may not fit. I think the A*s website said that the inseam is 31" and I usually look for 36". Granted, they aren't supposed to go down to your heel but I guess I just need to find some to try on.

For what it's worth my leathers are not too good looking either, but they were $99 on ebay. I got them over a year ago. I have only used them for one track day, so I figure untill I am a track junkie the ugly leathers do just fine.

Don't feel bad about having to wear men's leathers....they aren't that much different looking at 100+ miles per hour anyways.

What brand did you end up getting?

What brand did you end up getting?

They are used, Fieldsheer brand, one piece leathers. They are wide in the shoulders, but not too bad on fit. I am 5'3'' and 118 lbs and the girl who sold them was an inch shorter and a few lbs weightier. She had been down on the track in them, but they only have scuffs. No tears or major flaws. Look around on the e-bay. I have seen custom made-to-measure stuff. It's not cheap though.

Like I said, I'm super tall so I'm nervous to order it knowing that it may or may not fit. I think the A*s website said that the inseam is 31" and I usually look for 36". Granted, they aren't supposed to go down to your heel but I guess I just need to find some to try on.

I'm pretty tall too Im about 34-35 inseam.(long legs, short body.. lol)

If I end up coming up to cbus this winter I could bring mine and let you check em out. I'm sure I'll head up there at some point. I had to send mine back three times cuz I ordered the wrong size. I wish I would have had the chance to try one on first LOL it took almost a month to finally get ones that fit..

I'm still gettin the A stars one piece stella suit since I already know what size will fit me...

I have an Astars... I Crashed in my Astars last year HARD..... no rips, no tears, nothing ... held up like a champ.. Just a little dirtier now. :) The vid of my crash is great. :)

Nick's teknic blew out multiple seams when he crashed. :(