Gauging Interest: Mid Ohio Track Day

schmuckingham

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizard sucks... true statement.. he had to get the new 1K just to keep up with me on my bone stock 750.. hahahahhaha

no dates have been finalized yet but good for bumping this thread because we really need to get on it.

Actually all the dates are listed on the site. Fag.

So, you were waxing me good when I had my 750, right? Hmmmmmmm???

Cream puff.

I believe you were the one that said you were not going to take the 600rr to the track...

Called you like 3 times today...went straight to voicemail twice, then rang through to voicemail. Uhhhhh huh, screening my calls! :beating:

hey i was working second shift, so next time leave me a voicemail and ill call u back :beating:

Actually all the dates are listed on the site. Fag.

So, you were waxing me good when I had my 750, right? Hmmmmmmm???

Cream puff.

I meant no dates had been finalized for trying to organize a group trip to mid ohio. .

Cream puff huh.. cute.. I kinda like it. :p I need to find a sticker of Steve Austin (6 Million dollar Man) to put on my bike for this year since well, she got allot more parts in her after the old crash.

• 4 weeks later...

Other then the fact that hookers won! The month with the most votes for this was June. So its up to majority on what most are willing to try and schedule in for:

Monday, June 1

Saturday, June 13 - Max Time Twilight

Monday, June 29 (2 day pricing for June 29-30 available)

Tuesday, June 30

Prices

1 Day event - $195

2 Day event - $375 (Must book 2 day event on same order to qualify for 2 day discount)

LED event - $260

Max Time Twilight LED - $150

Max Time LED - $205

All-In-Two - $260

Max Time and Twilight Max Time Events are designed STRICTLY for accomplished intermediate and advanced riders only. You must have completed a minimum of 3 intermediate or advanced riding level days in the past 12 months prior to enrolling in this type of event. This is for the safety of all riders and these guidelines are in place to keep the event safe and fun for all participants. Any rider not meeting these requirements will be asked to leave the track day and will not be given a refund.

Twilight Max-Time Events are open to experienced intermediate and advanced riders. To enroll in one of these events you should have ridden in intermediate or advanced levels at least 3 times in the past 12 months. This is to make sure you are comfortable riding with intermediate and advanced riders at the same time.These events have a riding start time of 5:00PM and an end time of DUSK. Remember, that means the ending time will vary depending on what month of the year these events are held.

Limited Endurance Days (LED) are designed STRICTLY for accomplished intermediate and advanced riders only. No first time Mid-Ohio riders will be allowed to participate in any LED track day at Mid-Ohio due to the complexities of the race track. This is for the safety of all riders and these guidelines are in place to keep the event safe and fun for all participants.

LED MAX-TIME EVENT is the evolution of the LED concept at Mid-Ohio and will have intermediate and advanced riders enjoying the track together to maximize your track time while the price remains the same! Intermediate riders will take the track for one 15 minute warm up session and then the advanced riders will do the same. After this initial half-hour the track is open for all intermediate and advanced riders to take to the track together and have a great day of fun, safe riding enjoyment. Instructors will still be available to assist you at any time and the checkered flag will fly every 1/2 hour to insure that you come into the pits, take a break and get a drink before heading back out for more fun. MORE RIDING TIME...SAME PRICE. What a great deal!

ALL-IN-TWO Events get you 50% more track time for the same great price! This track day is open to novice, intermediate and advanced riders. Once you arrive at the track our riding instructors will split everyone into 2 riding groups, Sport riders and Supersport riders. The Sport riders will include all novice riders and some intermediate riders. Passing will be allowed on straights and on the outside in corners with a six foot safety zone. The Supersport riders will consist of upper level intermediate riders and all advanced riders. Passing is permitted anywhere on the inside or outside while maintaining at least a 6 foot buffer. 50 PERCENT MORE RIDING TIME...SAME PRICE. What a great deal!

requirements? never done a track day before but i've always wanted to.

Since you'll be in the Novice group, the only real thing you need to worry about is:

-One or two piece suit. 2 piece needs a full zipper...

-Over the ankle boots

-Gauntlet style gloves

-Full face helmet

-DUCT tape the wheel weights

-Blue Painter tape on ANY lens - reflectors, headlights, tails, etc.

-Best choice is to unplug the tails - NO BRAKE LIGHTS ALLOWED to bee seen... Plug is under the seat on most bikes...

-Good tires in good shape. Street tires are 100% fine and will work all the way through even Advanced pace for some guys...

That's it! No drilling, no removing anti-freeze, etc. Just ride.

You can PM me for more info or answers if you have any. You can also check out Sportbike Track Time's website for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

My hubby actually wanted me to try this....but I am a little scurd :o.

Might get a little nervous and :puke:j/k

Honestly never taken my bike above 80 before. Only done street riding for about a year. How fast do you normally go around the track?

Honestly never taken my bike above 80 before. Only done street riding for about a year. How fast do you normally go around the track?

In novice you will probably hit 120 on the back straight by the end of the day.

why plan this for next season?nobody going this season?we have already group of 5 for april.

this was started at the end of last season, hence the term "next season" being this season. ;)

unless i totally missed an earlier remark in the thread, then my apologies.

I did a track day at Mid-Ohio last Sept and I will tell you I was pretty petrified the first session or two. (Honestly, I think this had something to do with the early morning and I slid on the turn with the hill and it scared the bejesus out of me. It dried/warmed up pretty quickly, though) After that I realized how grippy that track is and just tried to put into practice what my instructor was telling me.

After lunch I hit 140 (or so said my speedo) on the back straight. It was awesome!! Learned alot, had a great time. I think you would too! There was a guy in my group with a smaller bike and he was tearing it up in the corners, although he couldn't go as fast in the straights.

I can't wait to go again!

I did a track day at Mid-Ohio last Sept and I will tell you I was pretty petrified the first session or two. (Honestly, I think this had something to do with the early morning and I slid on the turn with the hill and it scared the bejesus out of me. It dried/warmed up pretty quickly, though) After that I realized how grippy that track is and just tried to put into practice what my instructor was telling me.

After lunch I hit 140 (or so said my speedo) on the back straight. It was awesome!! Learned alot, had a great time. I think you would too! There was a guy in my group with a smaller bike and he was tearing it up in the corners, although he couldn't go as fast in the straights.

I can't wait to go again!

Thanks. That helps me a lot. I might consider it now :)

Take the novice group. They are really good at getting you up to speed safely.

Mid-Ohio is notorious for being a little slick the first session. But the track will get more grip as the sun warms it up.

I always love watching the Novice group coming off the track smiling from ear to ear :grin:

i dont know about the twiling LED.i think its too soon for me,since i be on the track for just 3th time.i think i stay little bid longer at the novice group

Too soon. LEDs are intended for accomplished Intermediate riders and Advanced riders... Enjoy a three group dau first in Intermediate and get your senses worked out. Once you get proficiany in I, you'll be ready.