Is any market making money?

Science Abuse

Tuesday made me ask: Is anyone not hurting? Apart from defences contractors and energy suppliers, are any markets in the US actually making moeny? I know the garage door industry sucks right now. We're about to shut down a couple factories for a week, due to lack of work.

Where's the money going?

Medical is a great field to be in. Not just a doctor or nurse or whatever. I'm a software engineer working for a small startup that deals with medical software. We've got lots of work and money coming in.

For anyone in school, I highly recommend any medical field... :nod:

Stocks WILL go back up. They always do. History has proven this many times.

Yup, and I'm fishing for stuff that's fixin' to bounce higher.

Any good online resources for history and tracking? I may invest some of my tax return, and I may also be looking to work in one of these feilds. :)

I have tried a few online trading companies and some suck. I am currently using Tradeking.com They have a decent trade price, I think it is $5 a trade. You can sign up for a free account and you will be able to use all the tools, i.e. tracking and history and the best one, a watchlist. The application take a good 10-15 minutes to fill out, but like I said it is one of the better online stock sites. Once you are signed up, and ready to buy a stock make sure you research the company. You should take the time to reseach for at least an hour ,per company, before investing in anything. It is important to keep doing the research too. Id say at least an hour per week per stock you own. It is very important to know whats going on with it.

The code for one I ahve been messing around with is FRPT. It a military defense company. Starteed at about $6 a share and has gone up to $21.

So you read Jim Kramer's book aswell?

Ha. Yep. He is a Stock God. If you know the story behind him you can understand why. He basically use to be the "bad guy" but now he uses that to his advantage and helps common people trying to make money. You cant believe everything he says, but he is very intelligent about stocks!