New Brakes

Kip Drordy

Did you have to change your original brake lines along with the calipers also. I am just asking cause I would like to know about how long I have before I'll need to think about brake lines. I want to put stainless lines on the front at least.

You won't have to ever change the calipers, just the pads. I decided to put R1 calipers on the bike for the slight increase in performance.

Pads depend on milage and how hard you ride. Track day junkies go through pads like crazy. Street riders can get a couple of seasons or more out of their pads.

I put braided lines on the bike before I changed the calipers and I would recommend you do the same regardless if you change pads or not. For the money they are one of the better upgrades out there. I didn't have to change the lines out with the new calipers but I think I might anyways due to a slight difference in fitment.

If you're thinking about lines let me know we could work something out. I'll give you my lines and a set of high performance pads for a set of braided R1 lines.

I olny have 1k miles on my bike. I just got it.

Wanting to put braided stainless steel brake lines on the front. Are you wanting to sell your braided steel lines? I don't have anything to trade with ya. What brand are the performance pads you have? I may be interested just to have them for whenever they need changed.